Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

possible new hoops?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light
Default possible new hoops?

so i've come across a set of 17's (they were on my boss' wife's '06 Ridgeline).

they're really rough, chrome is peeling all over the place, but i'll be stripping them & polishing them. the tires are pretty much shot (maybe 25% & cracking), but that's not a concern.

what do you think of them?

quickly placed one on for a visual,

i'm not concerned with the center caps either, i'll just machine a new set.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:45 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Somebody needs to learn how to keep their rims clean. They look pretty good, but I want to see a full shot of the truck to get a feel.

Old 06-28-2010, 10:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
Somebody needs to learn how to keep their rims clean.
welcome to Winter's in Ontario-the rest of Canada ain't got nuthin' on us!

They look pretty good, but I want to see a full shot of the truck to get a feel.
yeah, me too.

but i only had one on the weekend for a test fit. i'm gonna ask him what he wants for them, and see if i can grab the other 3 for the weekend, make sure they road test alright.

not that i think they're bent or anything, but the Honda 120mm bolt pattern is 0.0255" smaller than our trucks, so i just wanna make absolute sure there is no issue driving down the road.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road

Once they're cleaned up I think they'll look nice.

Make sure you post the verdict of the 120mm bolt pattern. If it works out that opens up a ton of new wheels choices for us!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:41 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be honest, the shots of just the rims look ugly. Plus I have a deep festering hatred of 99% of all 5 point star rim designs. They always look like old cheap American Racing wheels.

But those bolted up actually look pretty alright. Rough shape and all factors given, they look good. Maybe a agressive HT tire or decent AT tire would set them off. If the price is right... why not. Plus I figure the 5x120mm deal would be alright. I forgot his name, but guy's blazer is "project repo" or something like that. You probley know who I'm talkin' about. His wheels are 5x120mm and with 31's he's not had problems. I feel as long as they are bolted right and not over or under torqued, I feel they would be fine.

Just don't go all Duke's of Hazzard and jump out of order bridges and slammin' 2 foot deep pot holes at highway speeds all day everyday and you should be good, ha ha. Sure you wan't to put Eneki rims on the blazer. JC Whitney has a metal drag wing that lights up with flames on top of the wing at night, LMFAO. Kidding man. Those arn't my style but they look good on there mounted up. Go for it after a test drive on em'.

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-29-2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:03 AM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

ENKEI! lol i've never seen a set of them on a blazer.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they would look good in a nice Gunmetal Grey Metallic colour.

Old 06-29-2010, 11:32 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

I like' em D:

Old 07-01-2010, 08:01 PM
BF Guru

Somebody needs to learn how to keep their rims clean. They look pretty good, but I want to see a full shot of the truck to get a feel.
as per your command,

Originally Posted by DSMayo
Once they're cleaned up I think they'll look nice.

Make sure you post the verdict of the 120mm bolt pattern. If it works out that opens up a ton of new wheels choices for us!
they bolted up just fine. a little tricky to get the first 2 lugs seated & squared up, but run down the road nice & true. put about 20 kms on them after, took it up to 100 kmh, no shakes/humming.

but here's the problem, they won't clean up!

i'm actually disapointed with Enkei, seeing as how the wheels were only on the road from late 2005 (tire date of 5005), and they came off her '06 this April (when they traded it in on a 2010).

you guys have already seen what the front of the wheel looks like, this is what the backs look like,

but hey, that just means it's gonna be easier to have the chrome stripped!

Originally Posted by blazerboy001
ENKEI! lol i've never seen a set of them on a blazer.
really?!! then maybe i'll be the first.

Originally Posted by Dabber
I think they would look good in a nice Gunmetal Grey Metallic colour.
i'm actually gonna polish them. maybe i'll get them re-chromed, if my friend can get me a good deal on the plating (like maybe sneak them in with another order, 3 times?)

Last edited by old skool luvr; 07-01-2010 at 08:05 PM. Reason: fixed link.
Old 07-01-2010, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I think they look good

Quick Reply: possible new hoops?