Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Recalibrating for bigger tires.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 09:31 PM
BSchmity69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recalibrating for bigger tires.

Not sure if this is the correct post but here it goes. I just replaced my old tires with bigger ones. I went from a 235/75/r15 to a 30/9.5/r15. The original paper work said the truck came with 235/70/r15's if that makes a difference. Is there any way to reacalibrate/ correct the speedo and mile counter w/o getting like a hypertech programer? Thanks Adam

Old 12-10-2007, 11:44 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Recalibrating for bigger tires.

Yeah you would have to go to a tire shop or the dealer to get it done, it probably will cost between $40 and $150 to do which is why the hypertech is probably a better solution since you can resell it later once you are done with the vehicle, and you would get performance gains and better transmission shifts with the larger tires. The other thing you could do is to have a local place do a ECU Flash on your computer, which would do the same thing as a hypertech and they would then recailabrate the computer for the newer larger tires. Thats all I can think of, hope it helps.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

if you end up gettinga WAIT4ME tune, im sure it can be recalibrated when the tunings done.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Yeah according to the e-mail they sent you back, they ask for tire size, so that goes into consideration during the tune. So all you would have to tell them is:
1. VIN Number
2. Any Mods (Cold air intake, exhaust, etc.)
3. Tire Size (for you 30x9.5R15)
4. Rear End Gear Ratios (if changed from stock, your stock gear size is stored in the VIN number)
5. What you would like to see out of the tune.
6. Phone number and return addressPlease let me know if you have any more questions!

This sounds like a good deal, I might look into doing this, or the next time I go down to visit the grandparents in Indiana stop by and have them do it quick.

Old 12-14-2007, 07:58 PM

Yea thats the direction im goin. thanx guys

Old 12-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Beginning Member
Yamitude is an unknown quantity at this point

Do it, Do it!! I wanna hear the results, might be my Christmasgift to myself.Read good things onthe tune, however a code is thrown shortly after, need to know which oneand give my Snap On dealer a call to see if he can do this for me.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:03 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

theres not much point in recalibrating for 30's..... it doesnt throw your speedometer off very much...

Old 12-16-2007, 09:16 PM

ORIGINAL: a_tack

theres not much point in recalibrating for 30's..... it doesnt throw your speedometer off very much...
It throws it off about 1-2mph in the higher speeds. I calculated it and it affects your odometer/speed by 3% which means for every 100 miles you travel (according to the odometer) you really traveled 103 miles. just to let you know. It doesnt make a big difference but just something to be aware of, makes the resale value better .

Old 12-20-2007, 03:52 PM

I finally heard back from the wait4me tune guys and they do recalibrate the ocm for larger tires. Problem solved. ordering it next week. Thanx

Old 12-20-2007, 07:13 PM

sweet, let us know about the results cause I am very interested. Did you buy a new ECU or are you sending yours in?

Quick Reply: Recalibrating for bigger tires.