Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

which rim do u like?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: which rim do u like?

Do you have a 4 wheel parts near you? They have a real good truck-oriented rim selection, and have a 4WP credit card as well with no interest deals. Heck..even if there's not one near you, you can get the card and buy the rims all online!

I still vote 3rd one if you can get it in a 5x4.75

Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
4x4 cc is an unknown quantity at this point

If I had to get some the 3rd ones would be my choice...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:57 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

my vote is for the 3rd one. also have you checked with the store to see if you are eligible for a credit card because i tried getting one at a local parts store and they wouldnt let me cause i have dont have any credit yet. just thought i would let you know before you go to sign up and buy the rims and find out you cant.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:00 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I checked out 4WP online and no store in or around CT, but they have some nice rims, including the same ones at pep-boys lol. I saw the 3rd ones in the post on that site under American Racing for about the same price in all black or with chrome. With shipping, it would come out to about the same price. I know pep-boys has more not on display, cause I checed it out online and they sell other brands like Keonig and a ton others. I'll check it out.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Nice. Definitely go like...tomorrow..and try and get that card. You're better off getting the store card because they'll give you a high interest rate (ok since you'll be using it for the 0% sale), and a high credit limit (since it's only use-able in store), even with no credit.

If you were to try for like a capital one card, you'd get a $250 limit, with a still high rate.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:45 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

I work across the street from Pep-Boys lol. I want this card for future use if repair bills are high, I can charge it and pay it off slowly. Here's the data from the website about the cradit card. Sounds okay to me. Even if payments are only like 40-50 bucks a month, I might make two or three depending on overtime at work and stuff. Get it paid off sooner, would like to get them paid off or almost paid off around the same time as the truck gets paid off in a couple of years.

An easy way to pay for unexpected repairs
Make easy payments of unexpected repairs. Extended financing and low monthly payments can make repairs more affordable.
Use it for all your auto needs...from parts and tires to repairs
A convenient way to pay for all auto-related repair and maintenance expenses.
90 days Same-As-Cash on transportation purchases over $499.00*
A minimum monthly payment is required. If the purchase is paid off when due, there is no finance charge.
Take it with you when you travel
Don't worry about car repairs when you're on vacation. Use the Pep Boys CarCareONEsm card at Pep Boys stores and participating dealers throughout the United States.
25 day grace period on all purchases under $150
The Pep Boys CarCareONEsm card offers a 25-day interest-free grace period on all purchases under $150.
Low monthly payments and no annual fee
Required minimum monthly payment as low as $10 or 5 percent of the outstanding balance, whichever is greater. Plus there's no annual fee.*

If you have any questions about or would like to apply for the Pep Boys Credit Card, call your local store.

*Offer is subject to credit approval by GE Capital Consumer Card Co. Applies to any transportation purchase or service of $499.00 or more made on a CarCareONE consumer credit card account. No finance charges will be assessed on the promotional purchase amount (excluding optional insurance charges) if you pay this amount in full by the payment due date as shown on your 6th billing statement. If you do not, finance charges will be assessed on the promotional purchase amount from the date of purchase. Minimum monthly payments are required during the promotional period. If minimum monthly payments are not paid when due, all special promotional terms may be terminated. Standard account terms apply to non-promotional purchases and, after promotion ends, to your promotional purchases. Variable APR is 21.98% as of April 16, 2003 (in PR, the fixed APR is 22.48%). Except in PR, fixed APR of 24.75% applies if payment is more than 30 days past due. Minimum finance charge is $1 ($0 in PR).

Old 07-07-2008, 10:47 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Not bad Dave, just have to pay it off within 90 days or all the accrued interest gets tacked on and you are back at square one.

Old 07-07-2008, 10:58 PM

I don't think I will be able to do the whole shebang in 90 days. I could try and get as much as I can paid off in 90 days, maybe half of the total before the interest gets tacked on and just make the rest in smaller payments or something. Eh, my truck was only $8,000 and I am paying the bank about $12,000. Whatcha gunna do[&o]

Old 07-07-2008, 11:13 PM
BF Veteran

GE is a good backer...We used to use GE cards at circuit city, now we're with Chase. The only problem is that 90 day limit. If you don't pay it all off in the 3 months, you get hit with all the interest charges in that 4th month (which on $1000 at 20% across the 3 months is only $50 ), then you keep paying on it with your APR each month.

I would shop around...see if you can get another truck/auto parts store's card that has better terms than that. At CCity for example, purchases over $999 are interest free for 12 months, $1500 and up is 18 months.

Old 07-08-2008, 11:25 AM

The only other stores I know of around here are CarQuest (doesn't sell rims), AutoZone (who doesn't have one), Advance (again, they are everywhere), and Napa (spotted here and there). I am going to check out maybe with TownFairTire or Tires+Wheels to see what the charges are.Off the top of my head, I think TownFairTire is crazy, but maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I checked and the Tires+Wheels website doesn't say anything about credit, and the TownFairTire website has some pretty god prices listed, but they are also 90 days interest free. One of the reasons I am going with Pep-Boy's is they also have buy three get one free on tires all the time and they also have BOGO on some rims too, but they are not that nice. I am going to see if they have anything I can order. Oh, plus TownFairTire has a 30 day ride free thing to. Plus, like I said, Pep-Boys has a full service garage and they do good work in case a repair bill gets a little high, I can charge it and pay it off a little at a time instead of the whole thing at once in cash and wipe my savings down. I did that with my last repair bill and other stuff takes a hit. I'll keep you informed if I choose anything. I am going to stop in after work today to see if they have anything else than what is on display. I will post some pics of those if I can to get some opinions.

Quick Reply: which rim do u like?