Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I paint my wheels?

Old 03-06-2011, 06:02 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Should I paint my wheels?

I've been kicking around the idea since the day I got my blazer. Should I paint my wheels black? And if so, should they be flat or gloss? I think I would do some bare metal highlights somewhere...I'm open to ideas. I saw this pic on Steinbruchsoldat's build thread:

Here's mine:

So what do you think? I tried to start a poll on this...but I couldn't figure it out lol

Old 03-06-2011, 06:13 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

i like my wheels better painted...i went with flat..if i had to do again i would do gloss.
i also left the outer ring of the wheel alum...sort of an accent.
you should photochop them and kick a couple ideas around..i do like Steinbruchsoldat's
wheels...then again there isnt much of anything he has done that i dont like to be honest.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:25 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I bought all the stuff I need to do my wheels a while back and now can't decide whether I want to do it or not

I like the flat black better. You can try photoshopping different ideas with your wheels. If you don't photoshop, post it in the chop shop. I have about a half dozen different versions of mine that I might do if I stop being chicken and just do it

Old 03-06-2011, 08:45 PM

I was thinking about reversing the paint / metal scheme on my wheels currently.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:17 PM
s14sh3r is on a distinguished road

I was bored.

#1 Reversed:

#2 All black:

#3 Black, except for outer rim:

I'm partial to #3, personally. It's what I had in mind for mine, except my wheels are different.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:21 PM

Holy crap that was helpful XD You sir, are amazing.....hmmmmmmmm

Yeah I like #3 best as well. Not sure I like it more than #2 enough to go through the trouble of taping it lol.

Old 03-06-2011, 09:39 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I think #3 looks the best also.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

vote #3 as well....good work photoshopping

Old 03-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

I prefer the all flat but the polished outer lip would look great with your truck.

Here are some pics I found of them

Old 03-07-2011, 02:01 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah Id say black out centers and leave the outer ring polished if you were gonna paint them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Should I paint my wheels?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.