Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

simple?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Beginning Member
mahoney1988 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation simple?

whats the widest rim i can put on a stock 1997 chevy blazer and not have to put a lift and also how wide could the tire be?

Old 06-13-2009, 05:57 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

4x4 or 2x4? You should post the details of your truck in your sig to help people help you.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:07 PM
Beginning Member

my bad...its a 4x4 with no lift

Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

a 30x9.50 tire will be the biggest you can run without any lift and how wide of a rim youll be able to run depends on the backspacing of the new rim.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member

i want them to stick out as far as i can without them rubbing..what would you suggest. is something like 3.65 backspacing too much

Old 06-13-2009, 06:19 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

4.5"BS is what i would try to stick to that way you wont be putting to much extra stress on the front end, also keep in mind that if your going to use a rim with less backspacing youll have to stick with the stock tire size unless you dont mind trimming/rubbing.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:30 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I'm running 30x9.5's now. They stick out a decent amount and beef the truck up. I unfortunately wore through my front tires due to a bad alignment, so I had to switch for general all seasons. If you want an example click in my sig below for pics of my old 30x9.5 tires. No backspacing or anything was done in those pics..just so you know.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:21 PM
Beginning Member

do you guys have any suggestions on places that sell rims ...i wouldn't mind trimming or rubbing as long as it was minimum. i wanted dick cepek dc-1 rims

Old 06-13-2009, 07:22 PM

summitracing.com seems to have a pretty large selection of rims.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:36 PM
Beginning Member

ok...um.. idk if this is a stupid question.. if i get the stock size wheel the 15x7 that has 4.5 BS could i add spacers to make them stick out away from the blazer and not worry about rubbing and trimmin.. I just want the best setup wheel/tire wise that i can do.. you guys know way more than i do about this stuff..

Quick Reply: simple?