Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

So to keep rims simple

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 08:11 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road
Default So to keep rims simple

Basically im not plannin on liftin the blazer just yet. my buddy got me the rancho shocks that are adjustable in stifness and i just picked up some sweet a$$ tires. i just wana dress up with bada$$ feet to go with those shoes along the cragar soft 8 idea but am afraid of the rubbin my buddy gets in his truck. since im CPU illiterate can someone link me to the best ideas for new rims keepin it 15 x 7 without the rub..

Old 12-13-2010, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mrkevinmjr
Basically im not plannin on liftin the blazer just yet. my buddy got me the rancho shocks that are adjustable in stifness and i just picked up some sweet a$$ tires. i just wana dress up with bada$$ feet to go with those shoes along the cragar soft 8 idea but am afraid of the rubbin my buddy gets in his truck. since im CPU illiterate can someone link me to the best ideas for new rims keepin it 15 x 7 without the rub..
What size tires? There are no Cragar soft8s that will fit like your current wheels (I'm assuming you have 4WD?)

There are, in fact, very few wheels that will fit like your stock rims. Most all rims available don't have the necessary offset and they will stick out some. The amount of rub is dependent on size of the tires, specs on the wheels and ride height of your truck.

This website specializes in 4WD Blazer gear and they have a few wheels that will fit the best: http://shop.synergyoffroad.com/Wheels-and-Tires_c25.htm

Old 12-13-2010, 11:03 PM

basically i kept the standard tire size when i bout the new tires. i didnt want to change too much because im still financing and dont wana risk too much money. but i do need to know what i can do to add to my blazer that my wife sais is boring but its my second love lol.

will the change up from a 6 in stock back spacing to a 4.5 inch back spacing rub without lift modifications

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-14-2010 at 07:31 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:00 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Try a set of these, they're older but they're Dick Cepek, stock rim size on a smaller 60 series tire

Old 12-15-2010, 08:35 AM

whats the backspacing... they look awsome

Old 12-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Starting Member

I think it's 4 or 4.5, it's pretty much stock backspacing

Old 05-02-2011, 10:50 PM

u have a 4x2?

Old 05-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Starting Member

Yupp, they're pretty common, 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern, 15x8, and i believe 4.5 backspacing.

Old 05-04-2011, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

5x4.75 is stock bolt pattern, small difference but depending on the lug nuts enough to put unwanted stress on your wheel studs.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:49 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Stock backspacing is 6". So 4.5" would make the wheels stick out 1.5" wider. Those Cepek's look like they might be 6" or 5".

Quick Reply: So to keep rims simple