Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Some one help plzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Beginning Member
keyonn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Some one help plzzzzzz

ok i'll start out by saying i got a set (4) of rims from a guy they r 18s with a 8.00 x 18 5x114.3/112 but not thinkin i took them cuz of the shine of the chrome in m eyes and thinking they would look good on my truck but then i realize there not really going to fit what i hear is that a spacer could work and would be the only thing to help me if so could some on pm the right one i would need and if they not going to fit plz break it to me ez as i will have to depart with them

Old 03-02-2010, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow...that is hard to follow. That must have taken one huge breath to think of and type out. A good word of advice...use punctuation next time. A . will go a long way to help people understand what you're asking. The rim size is also quite confusing. I'm not sure if you can fit 18's easily or not. Maybe with some clarification on the size and what you're asking we could give you a hand.

Old 03-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Really need to know the back spacing of the rim to be able to say whether they'll fit or not... Also putting your vehicle information would help...

Old 03-02-2010, 09:02 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Looks to me the bolt pattern is way off and he might be asking about some adapters? Otherwise, I'm completely lost.

Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Beginning Member

sorry guys i got ahead of my self , Ajbert is right looking for some kind of adapter the would allow me to fit this guys to my truck the only info i can find on the rims is

Size 18 x 8.00
Bolt pattern 5x114.3/112
offset 35mm

thanx guys

Old 03-03-2010, 08:27 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You need to research the difference between "offset" and "backspacing" as they apply to wheels.
Rims are the things on the outside edge of your wheels that hold your tire in place.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Beginning Member

and for a newbie how do i do that plz any help will do if u need more info on the rims they are called Falken Aviator 18s chrome and there 5 bolt

Old 03-03-2010, 04:07 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Google- "difference between backspacing and offset".
you will get tons of hits.
Pick several and read up on it.

Try this one.
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/tech/...jsp?techid=101

Old 03-03-2010, 09:13 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keyonn
ok i'll start out by saying i got a set (4) of rims from a guy they r 18s with a 8.00 x 18 5x114.3/112 but not thinkin i took them cuz of the shine of the chrome in m eyes and thinking they would look good on my truck but then i realize there not really going to fit what i hear is that a spacer could work and would be the only thing to help me if so could some on pm the right one i would need and if they not going to fit plz break it to me ez as i will have to depart with them
sorry guys i got ahead of my self , Ajbert is right looking for some kind of adapter the would allow me to fit this guys to my truck the only info i can find on the rims is

Size 18 x 8.00
Bolt pattern 5x114.3/112
offset 35mm

thanx guys
and for a newbie how do i do that plz any help will do if u need more info on the rims they are called Falken Aviator 18s chrome and there 5 bolt
WOW! three post, and you still didn't understand what Sisk was pointing out to you.

PUNCTUATION!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:40 AM
BF Veteran

OK2, now that you understand the difference bet00ween bcpcin n offset00000000000000000000000000000

sorry, cat sat on keyboard.

Ok, now that you know the difference between backspacing and offset.
You also know that your new wheels have a different bolt pattern then the blazers. The solution to use those new wheels is an adapter, maybe. if you can find one that "fits".
How thick of an adapter depends on what you can fit. The further you push the front tire out the more likely they will rub the wheel well at full crank, (steering wheel turned all the way to one side or the other). Now oyu need to figure out how much space you have to work with, compare the new wheels backspacing+offset to the factory wheels and see how thick of an adapter you can use.

Regardless of his bad punctuation, that is no reason not to help the guy out.

Quick Reply: Some one help plzzzzzz