Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Spacer Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 04:16 PM
Beginning Member
TheZR2ThatCould is on a distinguished road
Default Spacer Help

I am looking at buying 4 2” thick 5x4.75 (hubcentric of course) and was wondering if they will fit both my front and back hubs. Someone told me that their was a difference in hub size by a few millimeters. 2000 Blazer 2 door 4x4. Thanks!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enough

When I was looking at spacers, I never learned of any differences between front and back. The wheels themselves need to be able to go on both front and back so would guess that if designed correctly, the spacers would be the same.

What you should consider is that the rear track on the Blazers and ZR2 Blazers is narrower than the front. The actual amount escapes me at the moment but for both it is about 2 to 2.5 inches I believe.

Old 12-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by christine_208
When I was looking at spacers, I never learned of any differences between front and back. The wheels themselves need to be able to go on both front and back so would guess that if designed correctly, the spacers would be the same.

What you should consider is that the rear track on the Blazers and ZR2 Blazers is narrower than the front. The actual amount escapes me at the moment but for both it is about 2 to 2.5 inches I believe.
thank you so much, i had 2” spacer before, however they werent hub centric so I didnt have to worry about my hub bore size, thanks again!

Old 12-07-2018, 09:57 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by christine_208
It should also be noted (for anyone else that stumbles upon this thread) that this rear end width difference only applies to 4x4

Old 12-08-2018, 03:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
It should also be noted (for anyone else that stumbles upon this thread) that this rear end width difference only applies to 4x4
Good catch! I forget that there are 2wd Blazers. LOL

Old 12-08-2018, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran

According to the pdf copy of the 1999 Blazer Product and Order Guide I have here are the track widths
(front/back) for the 2wd, 4wd, and ZR2 Blazer: 55.0"/54.6", 57.2"/55.1", 61.1"/59.0"

Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

If I'm correct, the last set on numbers is for the zr2. Therefore, if I need a new rear axle, i should look for a zr2, to eliminate the need of spacers... as long as the bearing is the same.

Old 12-08-2018, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by DonL
If I'm correct, the last set on numbers is for the zr2. Therefore, if I need a new rear axle, i should look for a zr2, to eliminate the need of spacers... as long as the bearing is the same.
Don't know much about the axle but as far as the numbers I posted, yes, the last set of number is for the ZR2. Of course, a regular 4wd Blazer with a ZR2 rear axle would have the rear track wider. I have seen that the rear axles for the ZR2s might have larger dimensions where the springs attach along with different leaf springs, etc.

I guess I could have presented them better:

Drive, track width (front/rear)
2wd 55.0"/54.6"
4wd 57.2"/55.1"
ZR2 61.1"/59.0"

Old 12-19-2018, 04:30 AM
Beginning Member
Jakebax84 is on a distinguished road
Default Do I Have This Correct?

I would like my tires flush with my finders on my 98 LS 4dr 4x4. So I would need 1" spacers on the front and 3" spacers on the back? Seems like an awfully large spacer for the rear. Is that safe? Is there a certain brand that is superior? Is there a safer brand? Where can I purchase these? How would I go about torquing those down?

Old 12-19-2018, 05:46 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Jakebax84
I would like my tires flush with my finders on my 98 LS 4dr 4x4. So I would need 1" spacers on the front and 3" spacers on the back? Seems like an awfully large spacer for the rear. Is that safe? Is there a certain brand that is superior? Is there a safer brand? Where can I purchase these? How would I go about torquing those down?
I would suggest 1” on front and 2” on back. I have had 2” on both front and back and it made my rears flush. You are also going to want to make sure that they are hubcentric. I can NOT stress how important that is. As for “safe”, hubcentric is the way to go. You are also going to want specific aluminum that is high grade as well as the stud, ebay/ amazon is fine as long as the material is listed in the description. I prefer these below;
Spacers: t6 6061 Billet Aluminum
Stud grade: 10.9

Most spacers you buy will have torque specs in the description but it never hurts to go a few ft lbs. tighter.

Quick Reply: Spacer Help