Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spare tyre carrier

Old 08-03-2009, 01:24 AM
stefa67 is on a distinguished road
Default Spare tyre carrier

from Italy. Is it possible to assemble behind the hatchback a spare tyre carrier on a 2000 4wd 4 doors blazer?

Old 08-03-2009, 01:27 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

anything is possible....have a search around this topic has been discussed a few times, but i dont recall anyone actually going through with due to the extra bracing needed to support the carrier.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Rcars2 has the carrier from a 2dr on the back of his 4dr. I'm not sure if he added anything inside the body panels to help support the weight or not though.

Old 08-15-2009, 12:24 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

thinking of of this maybe...looks do-able

http://www.rangerovers.net/outfittin.../rearbump.html

check out this portion of the page.

Kaymar Rear Bumper and Tire Carrier

Old 08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
The_Beast is on a distinguished road

Well since I have a tire carrier I guess I can give a little bit more information

I recently took off the tire carrier and strike plate to repaint them and behind them, guess what, steel anchors, they look to be about 1/4" thick (kinda hard to tell). It's definitely not going to be easy to weld them one b/c it's going to be hard to get behind the panels. Another thing to consider is the cost of everything, the bolts the hold the tire carrier are about $8 each.

Good luck, if you still decide to do it make sure to post pictures