Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

stock rims and 31's

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Gunner is on a distinguished road
Default stock rims and 31's

I am new to the forum and have been under the radar searching for a while. I have a 1st gen 94 blazer with stock rims. Would 31-10.5-15's fit or have any of you done this. I know that 15x8's would be fine, just trying to save some money were I can, it will be a trail rig the majority of the time.
thanks for any info

Old 02-04-2010, 05:26 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

ummmm..........15x8 is the rim size......you knew that, right? but you can slap 31's on there, no problem.

just make sure that you don't have sagging leafs or t-bars. i had 31's on both my '92 4 door, and one of my '84's-and both had stock suspension.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Gunner is on a distinguished road

Thanks I thought they were 15x7 and was just wondering if I was pushing the +-4 inch issue. Rubbing should not be a problem with a lift. thanks for the input.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:51 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Your stock rims will work just fine with 31X10.5s. Same exact size rim and tire the ZR2s came with from the factory.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:51 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
15x8 is the rim size
Originally Posted by Gunner
Thanks I thought they were 15x7
it is 15x7. i was refering to your OP. didn't mean to confuse.

they'll still rub on the frame rails since you're going up a full inch (+) on the radius of the tire.

Old 02-05-2010, 02:17 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AJBert
Your stock rims will work just fine with 31X10.5s. Same exact size rim and tire the ZR2s came with from the factory.
You know the ZR2 has a different frame then the non-ZR2 trucks right?

31" tires will rub when the suspension compresses on a stock rig. 30" fit just fine and dont rub.

As for the rims, 15x7 is the stock rim and you can put any diameter tire on it provided it fits in the wheel well. The general rule of thumb is 4+ on teh wideth. Your 7" wide rim can handle an 11" wide tire.

Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Hanr3
You know the ZR2 has a different frame then the non-ZR2 trucks right?

31" tires will rub when the suspension compresses on a stock rig. 30" fit just fine and dont rub.

As for the rims, 15x7 is the stock rim and you can put any diameter tire on it provided it fits in the wheel well. The general rule of thumb is 4+ on teh wideth. Your 7" wide rim can handle an 11" wide tire.
The OP was only asking if he could fit a 31" tire on his stock rim. Not if the tire will rub, scrape, damage, destroy or cause his vehicle to implode.

Thus, my answer.

I try not to read into someone's post more than what they have posted.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Define "fit".
I replied to both possible definitions for "fit".
The rim and the truck.

You can put a 44" tire on a 15" rim, doesn't mean it will "fit" on the truck.

Old 02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

I just have to ask an off topic question for clarification...the ZR2 being on a different frame - is this 1st gen specific? I was under the impression that ZR2's ran the same frame and just had a stock 2" BL?

Old 02-08-2010, 10:36 AM
BlazerGuy2001 is on a distinguished road

I'm pretty sure the 2nd gen zr2's have a beefed up frame along with a 4" stance widening kit and 3" suspension lift

Quick Reply: stock rims and 31's