Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tire Size Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:38 PM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tire Size Question

Hey guys, I just got a 00 blazer 4x4 4 door not too long ago. I have uniroyals on it right now and 2 of the tires are shot and with snow falling on the ground asI write I feelthat Imay need replacements. I've done my research and i've read good stuff about General Grabber AT2, not to mention their way cheaper than BFG could ever be.
Now I would'nt mind running a larger tire than stock, andI read where everyone suggests to run a 30x9.5R15 and you will not rub. Does that convert into metric at all? Because I was at a tire shop last week for work andI asked the guy if they sold that size and he was clueless. Ive also heard 255/70 so if you guys could give me some imput it would be much appreciated. I don't mean to sound like a broken record seeing all the other posts about tire sizes.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:48 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Tire Size Question

Technically it would be a 240/80/15...but I've never seen one. Just about all truck/suv tire manufactures make a 30x9.5. General Grabber AT2s being one. I'd say find a new tire guy that knows what a 30x9.5 is

Old 11-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Starting Member

My next question for ya would be i figure my spedo will be off 4 or 5 miles an hour. Would that be right and if so is the only way to fix that a handheld programer? Im trying to advoid having to buy extra stuff. Are you pretty happy with those tires Wolfpack?I meanI just read that most people get 30s and anything that will get my low blazer off the ground helps.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

4-5 miles per hour at what speed? When you jump up in tire size, the amount your speedometer will be off is a percentage of the speed. How much your speedometer will be off depends on the original tire size (check the sticker on the driver door).

Old 11-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Starting Member

At 60 mph. Its off like 4.1 mph. Speedometer Difference: 7.296% too slow. I mean i really want bigger tires but that will throw everything off. I mean any imput will help.

This is the site i found all that at http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCal...?action=submit

Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
tjwiens91@hotmail.co is an unknown quantity at this point

how bout bridgestone dueler all terrains, i got them on my vehicle an i can get through any mud i can find around me.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

A handheld tuner will allow you to fix the speedometer. You can also get a custom tuned PCM to adjust the speedometer and I'm sure a dealer would be able to fix it.

Old 11-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Starting Member

I know you chevy guys wont like this haha but I bought this blazer so i didnt have to drive the stang in the winter haha.
So i need some good tires for it but i dont wanna spend a whole lot. I will probably drive this is the snow of course, a little oddroading to get out in fields and such so i want a meatier tire but this General is right at 100 bucks and eveyone on tirerack gave it damn good reviews. I guess ill go oem on the size cause i really wouldnt want the spedo to be off.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:49 AM
vin791 is an unknown quantity at this point

the tire shop im sure can fix your speedo via programmer for you.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Starting Member

Alright one last question, will it have a wide stance like a mexican? cause im not up for trowing rocks everywhere and all.
And if i went with 30s would it kill my mpg?
if anyone has a tire size that will give me a bit oversized but no rubbing and all, and not hurt fuel economy,it would help.

Quick Reply: Tire Size Question