Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

tire and wheel opinions? please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 11:29 PM
robbiegamble is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: tire and wheel opinions? please help

im assuming thats your blazer your talking about in the picture, do you have a pic from the front? i wanna see how the stance looks? im running 94 camaro rims with the same size tires you have and i dont rub, never have? we must have different back spacing or something?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:39 PM

actually the size tire that we are both using is 28x9.65

Old 02-04-2009, 07:14 AM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

his wheels will stick out 1/2in more than stock

Old 02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: robbiegamble

actually the size tire that we are both using is 28x9.65

No......ACTUALLY,

a 245/70/16 tire has a 29.5" diameter like I said. It's simple math.

245mm X .7 = 171.5mm sidewall hieght X 2 (because the diameter consists of the wheel and 2 sidewall hieghts) = 343mm

343/25.4 (the number of mm in one inch) = 13.50" + 16" (the wheel size) ===== 29.5"

Old 02-04-2009, 06:40 PM

DML tire and wheel calculator says diffrently. check it out, let me know if its wrong. www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Youre just all sorts of wrong... Youve got to be pulling these numbers and info out of somewhere...I just cant figure out why you think they make sense..

DML rounds the numbers to give you a more likely tire size...but...youre still way off. I dont even know what you did to get 28.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

DML tire and wheel calculator says diffrently. check it out, let me know if its wrong. www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html
So you are presented with the actual math and then say it is wrong... Ok. I guess sometimes you just do not know any better.Maybe that "calculator" is really just giving you the closest conversion? Try a real tire size calculator and you will see what the outside diameter of the tire actually is. I am partial to the one from miata.net.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 AM

yeah i made a mistake, but im more concerned with the way you approached me about my mistake? rather immature i think. im just glad for your sake that you werent standing next to me acting this cocky. if dml is wrong, then maybe someone should let them know. how do you know they round up there numbers? i have read threw these forums and at one point of time you were new to all this too. you didnt always have the right answers or understood everything. have a good night wolfpack. i would appreciate you not responding to my post's, there are more polite people on here that i can learn from.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:19 AM

swart...never said he was wrong, as a matter of fact i recall asking him to check it out and let me know if it was wrong.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:25 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

im just glad for your sake that you werent standing next to me acting this cocky.
Haha internet tough guys. enough said.

if dml is wrong, then maybe someone should let them know. how do you know they round up there numbers?
try punching in a few conversions. You will see a range of metric sizes that all round out to the same inch size, while the math is obviously different. give it a whirl.

i have read threw these forums and at one point of time you were new to all this too. you didnt always have the right answers or understood everything.
Right. Everyone is at some point. But....when someone like you comes along, cant figure out the answers to topics that have been covered many times, breaks the forum rules, and then continues to try and disagree when the correct answer is REPOSTED again....that doesnt exactly earn you any excuses for being new.

have a good night wolfpack. i would appreciate you not responding to my post's, there are more polite people on here that i can learn from.
If you dont like the responses youre getting, try the following:

1) become less blatantly ignorant

2) leave

pretty simple really.

Quick Reply: tire and wheel opinions? please help