Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Tires are in the mail!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default Tires are in the mail!!!!

I'm in pretty dire need of new tires, I'm down to the last few 32nds of tread..I want all terrain capabilities, but the large majority of my driving is on road, through campus and driving back home via highway. Being low on funds, the BFGs and Michelin LTXs are out.

I found a pretty good deal on Dunlop Radial Rover RV XT's

Tread looks pretty good to me, and its a very highly reccomended tire on TireRack.com, scroing 91% vs the other tires in it's class. I found some reviews online of the earlier Radial Rover AT, and it's tread life was terrible, but the reviews seem to indicate tread life is much improved for the RVXT (3.5 stars vs 4 stars for the BFGs).

What do you guys think about this tire? I'm getting a 31x10.50 for 104 per tire!

Old 02-12-2008, 02:57 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: What do you think about these tires?

Thats a good price for that size of tire. If you want something that is good off road and quiet on road and doesnt affect the gasmileage then you should look at the Toyo OpenCountry AT's. My dad has them on his suburban and they are doing great. Very quiet yet aggressive at the same time. I was between those and the BFG's and the BFG's were a little more expensive but had the more aggressive look I was looking for. Of course in that size the Toyos are probably going to cost something like $125-140 a tire installed, but they come with a 60,000 mile treadlife warranty.
Here is a link to a pic of the tire http://www.toyoad.com/images/highrez...untryat_hi.jpg

Old 02-12-2008, 05:51 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I do like those Toyo's...hrm...I gotta re-do my money see if I can swing that.

Does anyone happen to know what the RV means? I know the usual A/T= All terrain, M/t = Mud, H/t = highway...what is RV or ST and all those other abbreviations? Or is there not really a system, just whatever the manufacturers decided to throw on there?

Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

what is your budget for tires? when i got my s/t's i paid 127 per. and i do all highway miles and i still have alot of tread on mine(21000 miles).

jimmyboy

ps if you are in the centenial campus area on mondays around 12:30 im in the itre( research building 4) parking lot.

Old 02-12-2008, 07:48 PM
BF Veteran

Thankfully I don't have to trek it over to Centenial Campus much, most of my classes are in Nelson and the Dan Allen side of campus (Accounting and Econ). I do drop my roommates off on Centenial every once in a while, I'll see if I can swing by ya one of these days!

Do the coopers carry a manufacturer's warranty?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

I had those tires...They were great on the road! Gripped through snow, rain, ice...

Do not take them offroading though, I got stuck everytime I went with those on...

Old 02-12-2008, 08:39 PM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

i think so. i think on their website they have you fill out a form for it but im not sure. i have a lifetime warrenty for fixing flats, rotation, balancing through the company i got them from.

jimmyboy

Old 02-12-2008, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran

Zasder how was the tread life on them? Are they worth the 100 bucks/tire or will I be replacing them in 20k?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly, if you dont drive like a idiot and are easy on starts...they will last a while...

I had mine on for 6 months Ruffly 5500 miles I put on them, before i got silent armors bcuz of offroad reasons

TD new: 14 TD taken off: 13

And that was with doughnuts and burn outs and driving like a butthead,

So if you drive on them nicely, you could probably get 40k - 60k

Old 02-12-2008, 09:16 PM
BF Veteran

https://blazerforum.com/photo.asp?ph...=6&apage=1

Please tell me you weren't using the RVXTs in this pic...

Quick Reply: Tires are in the mail!!!!