Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   tires pre/post-lift (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/tires-pre-post-lift-62547/)

thraxx420 08-27-2011 04:48 PM

tires pre/post-lift

ive got goodyear P205 75/R15's on my stock blazer. planning on getting a 3 inch (or bigger if i can find one) body lift but tires are a higher priority right now. whats the biggest i can get pre-lift and whats the biggest i can get post-lift (if there will be much of a difference in size before and after) and are there are any specific brands i should keep an eye out for. not looking to go mudding just want something that can take a beating, last me a while, and let me climb some hills.

ohsofly 08-27-2011 06:14 PM

People would usually roll 31's with that combo. Im going with 33's on my 1st gen blazer, and I have 3" body, and 2/3" suspension and its looking like I will have to trim the fenders out some too.

bdbrissette 08-27-2011 07:41 PM

I know pre-lift the biggest I got was 30" tires, I had Coopers but they wore out like nothing, and I mainly used it for street use. After a two inch suspension lift I have put on 31" Super Swamper TSL Radials but did have to trim a little on the front fenders to clear them on turns. The tires work well in mud, and wear really nice on road (as long as your alignment is good, just a little out of whack and they wear fast).

thraxx420 08-27-2011 07:53 PM

well just got done looking at some 31's that are in my price range online. top three i found would have to be
Firestone Destination A/T
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
in that order

AJBert 08-27-2011 09:33 PM

Put the BFG's at the top of your list.

thraxx420 08-27-2011 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 456370)
Put the BFG's at the top of your list.

any specific reason why theyd be best? i was basing my selections off of whether or not the person said theyd get them again and the statistics about the tires and the firestones kick ass in almost all categories. i was checking out your blazers 31's. those bfg's too or is it just your 33's? they look the meanest of the three ill give em that much for now haha

HigherPower 08-28-2011 02:05 AM

Thr BFG's usually get rated better take a look on some of the online tire sites and see how they fair. I just put 30's from BFG, though I went with the KM2's because of the terrain/use that I will use them in.

thraxx420 08-28-2011 02:46 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by HigherPower (Post 456419)
Thr BFG's usually get rated better take a look on some of the online tire sites and see how they fair. I just put 30's from BFG, though I went with the KM2's because of the terrain/use that I will use them in.

well in the links i posted they have a section called survey and the firestone faired best of the three. pics related. plus the firestones are cheapest and would work well with my current budget

AJBert 08-28-2011 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by thraxx420 (Post 456392)
any specific reason why theyd be best? i was basing my selections off of whether or not the person said theyd get them again and the statistics about the tires and the firestones kick ass in almost all categories. i was checking out your blazers 31's. those bfg's too or is it just your 33's? they look the meanest of the three ill give em that much for now haha

The 31's were Cooper SST's. Great mud tire but terrible in the snow. The newer style SST's have siping whereas the set I had didn't. I liked them for mudding but they would lose chunks of rubber when I climbed rocks. Did I say they were a great mud tire? lol

You might want to also check out the Cooper ST's. They are every bit as agressive as the BFG KO's, maybe a bit more.

thraxx420 08-28-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by AJBert (Post 456524)
The 31's were Cooper SST's. Great mud tire but terrible in the snow. The newer style SST's have siping whereas the set I had didn't. I liked them for mudding but they would lose chunks of rubber when I climbed rocks. Did I say they were a great mud tire? lol

You might want to also check out the Cooper ST's. They are every bit as agressive as the BFG KO's, maybe a bit more.

price is a little too steep for me right now. looking for tires under $160 a pop. plan on getting five so i have a new spare too and i gotta keep it $800 or lower for the whole set. but thanks for that AJBert ill definitely have to look into them later on once i get better money flow