Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

tires pre/post-lift

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:48 PM
Beginning Member
thraxx420 is on a distinguished road
Default tires pre/post-lift

ive got goodyear P205 75/R15's on my stock blazer. planning on getting a 3 inch (or bigger if i can find one) body lift but tires are a higher priority right now. whats the biggest i can get pre-lift and whats the biggest i can get post-lift (if there will be much of a difference in size before and after) and are there are any specific brands i should keep an eye out for. not looking to go mudding just want something that can take a beating, last me a while, and let me climb some hills.

Old 08-27-2011, 06:14 PM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

People would usually roll 31's with that combo. Im going with 33's on my 1st gen blazer, and I have 3" body, and 2/3" suspension and its looking like I will have to trim the fenders out some too.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:41 PM
Beginning Member
bdbrissette is on a distinguished road

I know pre-lift the biggest I got was 30" tires, I had Coopers but they wore out like nothing, and I mainly used it for street use. After a two inch suspension lift I have put on 31" Super Swamper TSL Radials but did have to trim a little on the front fenders to clear them on turns. The tires work well in mud, and wear really nice on road (as long as your alignment is good, just a little out of whack and they wear fast).

Old 08-27-2011, 07:53 PM
Beginning Member

well just got done looking at some 31's that are in my price range online. top three i found would have to be
Firestone Destination A/T
Kumho Road Venture SAT KL61
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO
in that order

Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Put the BFG's at the top of your list.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:52 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
Put the BFG's at the top of your list.
any specific reason why theyd be best? i was basing my selections off of whether or not the person said theyd get them again and the statistics about the tires and the firestones kick *** in almost all categories. i was checking out your blazers 31's. those bfg's too or is it just your 33's? they look the meanest of the three ill give em that much for now haha

Old 08-28-2011, 02:05 AM
Beginning Member
HigherPower is an unknown quantity at this point

Thr BFG's usually get rated better take a look on some of the online tire sites and see how they fair. I just put 30's from BFG, though I went with the KM2's because of the terrain/use that I will use them in.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:46 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by HigherPower
Thr BFG's usually get rated better take a look on some of the online tire sites and see how they fair. I just put 30's from BFG, though I went with the KM2's because of the terrain/use that I will use them in.
well in the links i posted they have a section called survey and the firestone faired best of the three. pics related. plus the firestones are cheapest and would work well with my current budget

Attached Thumbnails tires pre/post-lift-firestone.jpg   tires pre/post-lift-kumho.jpg   tires pre/post-lift-bfg.jpg  
Old 08-28-2011, 02:28 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thraxx420
any specific reason why theyd be best? i was basing my selections off of whether or not the person said theyd get them again and the statistics about the tires and the firestones kick *** in almost all categories. i was checking out your blazers 31's. those bfg's too or is it just your 33's? they look the meanest of the three ill give em that much for now haha
The 31's were Cooper SST's. Great mud tire but terrible in the snow. The newer style SST's have siping whereas the set I had didn't. I liked them for mudding but they would lose chunks of rubber when I climbed rocks. Did I say they were a great mud tire? lol

You might want to also check out the Cooper ST's. They are every bit as agressive as the BFG KO's, maybe a bit more.

Old 08-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by AJBert
The 31's were Cooper SST's. Great mud tire but terrible in the snow. The newer style SST's have siping whereas the set I had didn't. I liked them for mudding but they would lose chunks of rubber when I climbed rocks. Did I say they were a great mud tire? lol

You might want to also check out the Cooper ST's. They are every bit as agressive as the BFG KO's, maybe a bit more.
price is a little too steep for me right now. looking for tires under $160 a pop. plan on getting five so i have a new spare too and i gotta keep it $800 or lower for the whole set. but thanks for that AJBert ill definitely have to look into them later on once i get better money flow