Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

trans am wheels.

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:10 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about
Default trans am wheels.

Friend totaled his trans am. He said he'd sell me his wheels for $100 bucks!!!!

I test fitted 1 of them on the front. It mated fine to the hub etc. Question is how far will they stick out in the rear etc since i have 4x4. I wont have the funds till next week. if they stick out a little,i dont care. I love the way it looked. I wonder if i can get the abs caps off and paint the caps black to hide the abs.

eye candy.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Starting Member
CenTexBiker is on a distinguished road

will depend on the backspace as to how far they will stick out

the factory rims have a 6 in backspace, don't know what they are for those trans am rims

Old 09-27-2011, 09:06 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Should be relatively close IIRC, if not it won't be more than 1.5"

The old IROC rims stuck out ~1.5" in the front, a little less in the rear on 4x4's, but I believe the gen of F-body those wheels came from are close to the same backspacing.

Hopefully TripleBlackBlazer will chime in becuase he has this gen of of F-body wheels on his Blazer, but I'm pretty sure they're not goint to stick out much, if they do at all.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

Cool! Like i said. I dont care if they do. For 100 bucks i could get my money back out of it if i wanted too. I have a square body flat black,and they looked so good on it!!

Question is what tire size do i want? Im looking for the "sleek look" im thinking 245 60 16's

Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Mine are 17x9. How wide are those?

17x9 but with roughly 7" of backspacing. So they only sit about an inch further out than stock. The face of mine is about flush with the fender lip on the front and sucked in about an inch on the rear.

Also, 245 would be too narrow for a 9" wide rim. My 255s were just a touch too narrow.

What is this sleek look you speak of?

Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 PM
BF Veteran

I *think* these are 16x8's. Il measure em next week to make sure.

I dont want reallylow tires. But i do plan on dropping mine 2/3 and I like the low look. I would like something like 275's in rear. and 245s in front. Im doing a v8 swap soon.

Last edited by chris015; 01-30-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2012, 08:23 PM
BF Veteran

I JUST got these. ended getting them for $80. I just dont know what size tires i want with the 2/3 drop.

will 255's rub in the front?

Old 01-30-2012, 08:42 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

What's the backspacing on them? I rub with 255's and I'm slightly lifted. But I have 7" of backspacing.

Old 01-30-2012, 10:13 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I just looked it up

and the Backspacing is 6.875

this is the site i found the information on

Firebird and Trans Am Wheels

Old 01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
BF Veteran

I just need to find out whats the safest narrow tire i can go with on 16x8 wheels. I can go narrower on the front to avoid rubbing.

Quick Reply: trans am wheels.