Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

What's up Soft 8's???

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 05:31 PM
NCSWP is on a distinguished road
Default What's up Soft 8's???

Anyone else notice how the Cragar soft 8 isn't offered in anything more than the 4.25in backspacing now??? What the hell cragar? I'd really like to find some 4.75in 15x7's in the soft 8, but it looks like that's a flop. Any ideas people? Anyone else make a comparable wheel?

Old 06-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

I've got 4.25 on my '00 LT 4x4. Front stick out maybe 1.5", looks nice and beefy. I need to get rear spacers though..

-oSS

Old 06-05-2011, 08:20 PM
hubert hefner is on a distinguished road

i really like the soft 8's, they are nice.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:48 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

You can order them in whatever backspacing you want for $10 extra a wheel. I think it's $10 anyways..... Just call Cragar and check

Old 06-06-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by rob44_90
You can order them in whatever backspacing you want for $10 extra a wheel. I think it's $10 anyways..... Just call Cragar and check
Really? I had heard that before but seems kind of low for a "custom" wheel. What do you guys think about staggering the offset; I know all the blazers (from any year) are wider in the front than the back...I was thinking maybe like a 5.5 offset up front and a 4.75 in the back. I think it would be good, and yes, I know I would have to swap the wheels and tires every rotation.

Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 PM

Soft 8's are made very easily and would require little effort to make them any backspacing you want. Staggering the offset is better than getting wheel spacers, they kill your hubs IMO. Sounds good but I would just rotate them side to side cause that's gonna cost $40+ every time to swap tires from wheel to wheel, and probably not good for the tires seal to be stretched every rotation. Go for it!!!

Old 06-06-2011, 11:10 PM

Soft 8's are made very easily and would require little effort to make them any backspacing you want. Staggering the offset is better than getting wheel spacers, they kill your hubs IMO. Sounds good but I would just rotate them side to side cause that's gonna cost $40+ every time to swap tires from wheel to wheel, and probably not good for the tires seal to be stretched every rotation. Go for it!!!
Yeah, I don't know man, that was my original idea because I work at a scrapyard and we have a tire machine...but I did not think about having to balance everytime, that would be a problem. I think it would look damn good though, but spacers aren't a good idea? BTW, how do you get the big pics in your sig like you have?

Old 06-07-2011, 11:49 PM

You could open a pic of your blazer in Paint. Resize the image to 640x400, after cropping to adjust for resize. Upload to Flicker, then go to your user cp at the top left of this screen. Go to edit signature, and then paste the BBCode of your picture (not the HTML code) from Flicker in the space provided.

I bought some 1/4" spacers a long time ago and they killed my front wheel bearings and my 1" rear spacers caused highway vibrations and when I tried to take them off each lug nut was seized to stud and I couldn't get a large enough socket in the holes to get them off (broke 2 craftsman 3/4" sockets). I just didn't have a good experience with them. So, unless you buy some high quality spacers I wouldn't recommend it. Been there done that and now I have a ZR2 rear axle to push my rear tires out further than the front. LOL

Old 06-11-2011, 10:57 AM

You could open a pic of your blazer in Paint. Resize the image to 640x400, after cropping to adjust for resize. Upload to Flicker, then go to your user cp at the top left of this screen. Go to edit signature, and then paste the BBCode of your picture (not the HTML code) from Flicker in the space provided.

I bought some 1/4" spacers a long time ago and they killed my front wheel bearings and my 1" rear spacers caused highway vibrations and when I tried to take them off each lug nut was seized to stud and I couldn't get a large enough socket in the holes to get them off (broke 2 craftsman 3/4" sockets). I just didn't have a good experience with them. So, unless you buy some high quality spacers I wouldn't recommend it. Been there done that and now I have a ZR2 rear axle to push my rear tires out further than the front. LOL
Thanks for the info man, I think I've decided to call Cragar and get them to make me a 15x7 (maybe 15x8) with a 5 inch offset. I want to run a rear spacer ONLY, hopefully find about 3/4in spacers but I might have to run the 1 in. As long as it's a quality spacer and installed correctly it should be fine in the rear. Think I could get away with 33x12.50's? I just got my 2in PA BL on along with 2in shackles so it's looking good and sitting better. I would really like to get 33x12.5's without major cutting.

Old 06-12-2011, 06:38 PM
mrkevinmjr is on a distinguished road

ok the zr2 thing (rear axel..) ur a god..... why didnt i ever think of that

Quick Reply: What's up Soft 8's???