Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Tires and Wheels (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/)
-   -   Wheel Questions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/tires-wheels-13/wheel-questions-7516/)

axe124 12-21-2006 12:21 AM

Wheel Questions

Ok, here's my story/question...I used to own a 2004 F-150 SuperCrew. While I had it, I put BF Goodrich tires on size 285/65r18. I now own a 1993 full size blazer (2-door). The tire dealer says that the BF's will fit under the blazer, how-ever I need to find wheels that will fit. He states that I need 18x7 or 18x8 with 6 to 5.5 bolt pattern. So, does Chevrolet make a wheel that will fit (maybe off another model), or does anyone know where I can find some wheels that will not crunch the budget???

Thanks,
Scott

swartlkk 12-21-2006 10:00 AM

RE: Wheel Questions

So let me get this straight, you kept the old tires from your F-150 and want to put them onto your Blazer.

You should be able to find a set of rims to fit. You'll need to look around at various places online to find the rims that you like, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find 18" rims that will fit your Blazer.

hillbillyinOhio 12-21-2006 10:50 AM

did a search on ebay and came up with some possibilities.

Some rediculously long eBay motors link

*EDIT by swartlkk* - editted long link

axe124 12-21-2006 11:54 AM

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

So let me get this straight, you kept the old tires from your F-150 and want to put them onto your Blazer.

You should be able to find a set of rims to fit. You'll need to look around at various places online to find the rims that you like, but it shouldn't be too difficult to find 18" rims that will fit your Blazer.
swartlkk,
Yes I kept the old tired and put the factory ones back on. So now I have $1000.00 tires sitting in the garage. Yes I found numerous one's online, but sometimes the info is not very specific enough that I feel comfortable buying unless I was 100% sure they fit.

Scott

axe124 12-21-2006 11:57 AM

ORIGINAL: hillbillyinOhio

did a search on ebay and came up with some possibilities.

Some rediculously long eBay motors link

*EDIT by swartlkk* - editted long link
hillbillyinOhio,
Thanks for the link. I have found many online that I like, but some of the discriptions do not make me comfortable enough for an exact fit. Alot of times it will say "blazer", but is that S-10 blazer, full size blazer, etc.

Scott

swdockter 12-21-2006 12:02 PM

Scott,

Go to the ebay item and click "ask seller question". Ask him the deatils and any questions you have. Get any numbers he can off the rims. If he's a good seller, he'll give you all the info you need. Good luck.

swartlkk 12-21-2006 01:11 PM

So you have the 6 lug axles on your fullsize right?...

axe124 12-21-2006 03:58 PM

So you have the 6 lug axles on your fullsize right?...
Yes, these are the 6 lug.

swartlkk 12-21-2006 09:57 PM

Ok so you are looking for 18" diameter rims with 9" or 10" width and 6 lugs on a 5.5" bolt pattern. So long as it meets these criteria. You should be ok. The backspacing should be somewhere around 4.5"

I have only found a few on various websites and they are not cheap... I haven't found a single steel wheel that is that large.

Also, don't hesitate to give a call to some of these online retailers to get more information.

axe124 12-21-2006 11:04 PM

Ok so you are looking for 18" diameter rims with 9" or 10" width and 6 lugs on a 5.5" bolt pattern. So long as it meets these criteria. You should be ok. The backspacing should be somewhere around 4.5"

I have only found a few on various websites and they are not cheap... I haven't found a single steel wheel that is that large.

Also, don't hesitate to give a call to some of these online retailers to get more information.

swartlkk,
Thanks again for your great information. The tire place that I spoke to said that I should stay with 18x8 or 18x7 or the wheels would tend to rub?? Are you saying that I can use the 9" or 10"??

Scott