Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wheel spacer question

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
fletch125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wheel spacer question

I have a 2002 chevy blazer ls rwd. Im looking into a wheel spacer kit to add a little wider stance. Im thinking 60mm? Anybody have an experience with these? I cant seem to find any pictures that show the difference they make. Also, what are the pros and cons of wheel spacers? Thanks in advance!

Old 08-25-2012, 09:43 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

Depending on your area they may actually be illegal. If installed incorrectly they can be dangerous. If you decide to go that route besure to check them often!

Old 08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
fletch125 is an unknown quantity at this point

They arent illegal to my knowledge. What makes them dangerous? I assume moving the wheels outward puts extra strain on the axle. I plan on using proper equipment....not the wrench thats with the spare tire lol

Old 08-25-2012, 10:43 PM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

If not installed correctly the wheel could come off. Do some searching you will see plenty of opinions both for and against them. I am personally against them, the risk isn't worth "the look" IMO.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:44 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Originally Posted by fletch125
They arent illegal to my knowledge. What makes them dangerous? I assume moving the wheels outward puts extra strain on the axle. I plan on using proper equipment....not the wrench thats with the spare tire lol
By illegal he means that if you decide to put spacers on, no shop will touch your tires. So that means no shop will put new tires, do a tire rotation, nada, none of that. By dangerous, the cheap spacers can fail quickly. If a spacer fails bye bye wheel. But as long as you buy quality hub-centric spacers (I wouldn't recommend buying lug centric) you will be fine. Just make sure they are torqued to spec and check them every now and then.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:53 AM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

you need wheel adapters not spacers.
i use them from ebay..cost me 70.00 i think.
two years never a day of trouble with them. i just torqued them properly with a little loctite. however, wheel/tire shops wont touch them. so i guess i will cross that road when i get there.

this is where i bought mine.

CHEVY S10 CORVETTE 5X43/4 WHEEL RIM SPACER ADAPTERS 1.75 | eBay

you prob want a diff size.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:32 PM
Starting Member
Lazyboxers is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for good wheel selection

I am looking for a set of 18" or so wheels for my 2000 2wd 4door... Anybody know who has a good selection? My local tire store has a really bad selection.
Would getting a different off set help instead of spacers

Old 08-30-2012, 08:48 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

im running 11/2" spacers in the rear to even out the look, i offroad
a lot with out any problems, i did do the BLUE loctite on the studs
and all is good

Old 08-31-2012, 01:03 PM
05BlackJimmy is on a distinguished road

I have 2 inch wheel spacers on mine, non hubcentric or lug centric just flat machined ones, only torqued them on and have had no trouble whatsoever. Took of my wheels about 500 km after and checked the torque nothing loose.

Old 03-13-2013, 04:42 PM
Beginning Member
johnjfeher is an unknown quantity at this point

does your blazer have drums in the back? and if not do you know if i need a different type of spacer since i have drums? i have a 4x4 4dr 97 blazer

Quick Reply: Wheel spacer question