Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Wheel Spacers On The Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 05:32 PM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road
Default Wheel Spacers On The Cheap

Since I found out that the wheelbase on the rear axle is 1/2" narrower than the front on my blazers, I have been looking at it funny ever since. I looked online for wheel spacers and found a few. I wasn't sure what kind I was going to go with so I procrastinated. WELL! I found a set of 5/16" wheel spacers at my local autozone for $13 and bought them. So far so good. I took some pictures for the curious among you. The part number is on the packaging in the picture I took. I'm sure your local autozone can get them in quickly if they don't carry them.

Without Spacer:

With Spacer:

Not much difference...but I can finally stop tilting my head sideways and eyeballing the difference. I'll let you know if they rub and all that.

For anyone who doesn't know, both trucks run a 2" shackle / torsion bar lift with 31/10.5/15's

Last edited by BlaziNator; 02-24-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:50 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

looks nice, If i ever find some 2in spacer for cheap i will pick them up.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:26 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

nice, threw those same spacers on that back. couldnt find them in town orderd them online
.....widen the stance a little, bigger thing is the rear wheels used to rub a little bit on the exhaust tips i have on when you hit a bump and the exhaust swings a tiny bit. Small spacers brought them out far enough so it doesnt rub anymore

Old 02-23-2011, 07:40 PM
TeeThornton85 is on a distinguished road

they do look pretty good but they arent hub centric and i think u may get some vibration or issues down the road using a spacer like that. i'm not 100% on this but i'm pretty sure. dont mean to be a downer dan but getting a wider wheel would be much safer.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

ah touche! i see this. its close to the inside of the wheel so it wont be THAT bad,if you can do something to get them as close to centered as possible should be fine

Old 02-23-2011, 11:22 PM
Beginning Member
Jerb is on a distinguished road

i am using 1 1/2'' spacers i got off ebay, they are hub centric, it took that wide to make the rear look like the front....so far about 200 miles on them, not crazy about them, but they are gaining my trust, when using the above spacers just make sure you have enough thread engagement on your stud!!

Old 02-24-2011, 12:23 AM
BlaziNator is on a distinguished road

Plenty of room on the stud. I saw the hub centric problem as well. I haven't tested them but as light as these are I really doubt there will be many vibration issues...More to come post highway test. c:

Old 02-24-2011, 09:06 AM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pj5454302
looks nice, If i ever find some 2in spacer for cheap i will pick them up.
how many are you looking for?

Old 02-24-2011, 12:39 PM
cochran07 is an unknown quantity at this point

hm I was thinking of doing this as well. And I agree they are lightweight and thin enough I dont think youll notice much on the hwys as far as viberation goes

Old 02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Starting Member
89 Blazer Lebanon is on a distinguished road

Using such spacers will put all the stress on your studs instead of having the hub take it. Same applies to most aftermarket rims. I think it's ok as long as you go easy on your truck and don't offroad (much/rough).

Quick Reply: Wheel Spacers On The Cheap