Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheels hit top of Fenders

Old 10-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Johnkoch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wheels hit top of Fenders

I have a 96' 4x4 blazer with 31 inch tires and a 2 inch lift/rear shackles and torsion bar lift.So my problem is when i hit big bumps offroading my wheels hit the top of the fender weels.Im wondering if it could be bad shocks or what?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:17 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Wheels hit top of Fenders

if your hitting bumps that hard then you need stiffer shocks and heavier weight springs and that will stop the bottoming out.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:25 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

You sure your jitting the "top" of the fender wells?

Teh bumpstops should stop the tires from hitting the top of the fenders, especially with a 2" body lift.

Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM

ya im sure of it,but i think its the shocks because it has stock shocks and 150000 miles on it,but not all the way sure

Old 10-20-2007, 07:26 PM
BF Veteran

i think changing shocks will help with that change those out and see cause 150000 on them there probably worn pretty good

Old 10-21-2007, 12:32 AM

I might do that next week some time and see if that helps.thanx

Old 10-21-2007, 12:35 AM
BF Veteran

not a problem anytime you have a question just ask and if you take our advice let us know how it helped or didn't so we know

Old 10-22-2007, 06:25 PM

What kind of shocks do yall think i should get,and im not sure if i need longer shocks or not because its lifted the 2 inches,at a local shop they have monroe sensa-trac shocks but i wasnt sure if those were stiff enough or not.
Thanx In advance

Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

you have a 2" lift?
Cranking the torsion bars is not a lift.
2" body lift is not a supsension lift.
Neither cranking the torsion bars, or a body lift will require new shocks, you haven't changed the location of the shock mounts in either case. Stock sized shocks will still work.

Shocks are designed to control bounce.
Did you lose a bump stop?

Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 PM

I dont think so,im not sure what that is.Would they no if i did when they replace the front shocks?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheels hit top of Fenders

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.