Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

white wall paint

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member
kaps is an unknown quantity at this point
Default white wall paint

Anyone have an idea how to get rid of the white walls? The prev owner bought cheap tires and had the white walls mounted on the outside. Its going to be around about $100 to get them flipped, and would like to ride them out in the winter before I look for new rims, but would like the tires to be black. I thought about a paint marker, but the rubber will end up soaking it up and it might dry out the tire. Anyone have an idea

Old 01-04-2007, 04:56 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: white wall paint

May be cheap and not look right(better than the whitewall) Take a can of black spray paint and go nuts. just cover anything you don't want painted.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:13 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Someone makes the marker paint for the tire whitewalls. Saw it on Trucks or Extreme 4x4 once.
Let me see if I can find it on the web!
Nah, better idea, you do the search and when you find it post it up for the rest of us. [sm=burnout.gif]

Old 01-04-2007, 10:18 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll give ya the link under one condition. You take poics and do a mini-product review for the site.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/hottires.html

Old 01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
lastcoupe is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice one hanr, but those are only available in white,red and yellow, he's trying to get rid of the white-walls...lol Sorry but the only thing that comes to mind is what dabber said(painting them) and I would live with them, for 1 season before I ever did that.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Or take the sander to the white parts... Normally it is RWL so there are raised portions... Depends on how bad you want them all black...