Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will these crawler rims work out?...

  #1  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 11
4Wheel_Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default Will these crawler rims work out?...

Alright so i want to put these Pro Comp 152 series black crawler rims on my 2003 chevy 4wd 4dr blazer. I want to put these on with hopefully 30" mud tires, i have no lift on it. here is the link to the rims i want..... http://www.4wheelparts.com/Wheels/Ro...pn=PCW152-5761

The full specs of the rims are on the page. Please give me some feedback on whether these will fit on my blazer or not, right now i have american racing outlaw II's on and i dont like them cause they are "flush" with the tire and not concaved in. Also i want to switch to black rims and put mud tires on. Im running stock tires right now... Thanks
 
  #2  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:30 AM
Super Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 1,328
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default

they will bolt up, but you want be able to run a 30" tire on that rim without trimming not to mention that the 3.75" backspacing will put unwanted stress on your front end. i would suggest sticking to a wheel with no less than 4.5" of backspace but even with a 15x7 with 4.5"BS youll have to trim to fit 30's. if you do not want to trim find a rim with stock specs(15x7 6"BS) your only other option to avoid trimming would be a lift.
 
  #3  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:32 AM
NVANZEE's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,631
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default

i have the same wheels on mine. you will need 4.5 back spacing. With 30's they might rub a little in the front. Also just to let you know. You dont get the center caps that is shows. You get chrome ones. they dont even make the black ones
 
  #4  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 11
4Wheel_Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by NVANZEE View Post
i have the same wheels on mine. you will need 4.5 back spacing. With 30's they might rub a little in the front. Also just to let you know. You dont get the center caps that is shows. You get chrome ones. they dont even make the black ones
Where did you find yours at with 4.5 backspacing? And about the center caps i know, i was planning on sanding them and painting black to match...
 
  #5  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 11
4Wheel_Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by mikeinwi View Post
they will bolt up, but you want be able to run a 30" tire on that rim without trimming not to mention that the 3.75" backspacing will put unwanted stress on your front end. i would suggest sticking to a wheel with no less than 4.5" of backspace but even with a 15x7 with 4.5"BS youll have to trim to fit 30's. if you do not want to trim find a rim with stock specs(15x7 6"BS) your only other option to avoid trimming would be a lift.
Well is there some kind of adapter to increase the backspacing? because they really dont make good looking rims for blazers with bigger backspacing than around 3.75"... Also, say i still ran this setup with 30's, how much triming (rough estimate) would i have to do?
 
  #6  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Super Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 1,328
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default

there is no such adapter out there to change BS from 3.75" to 4.5". there is another member on this site(wolfpack) with 3.5-4" of lift running 265/70/15's(roughly 30") on a rim with 4.5"BS and he had to do some light trimming, so if you run a 30"tire with a 3.75"BS rim with no lift youll be doing moderate to heavy trimming of you fender and front valance.
 
  #7  
Old 07-22-2009, 12:54 AM
NVANZEE's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,631
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough
Default

i got em from the same place. i just looked and i guess they dont have them. Mine are 8in wide instead of 7
 
  #8  
Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 11
4Wheel_Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by NVANZEE View Post
i got em from the same place. i just looked and i guess they dont have them. Mine are 8in wide instead of 7
Just my luck...
 
  #9  
Old 07-22-2009, 01:05 AM
Beginning Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Citrus Heights, CA
Posts: 11
4Wheel_Blaze is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by mikeinwi View Post
there is no such adapter out there to change BS from 3.75" to 4.5". there is another member on this site(wolfpack) with 3.5-4" of lift running 265/70/15's(roughly 30") on a rim with 4.5"BS and he had to do some light trimming, so if you run a 30"tire with a 3.75"BS rim with no lift youll be doing moderate to heavy trimming of you fender and front valance.
Damn this sucks....Well in the end im probably still going to go with these rims cause they dont make good looking rims with large backspacing for blazers unfortunatly, so what do u think is the largest mud tire i can run with 0 trimming and these crawler rims? oh and thanks for all the feedback so far, appreciate it greatly
 
  #10  
Old 07-22-2009, 01:08 AM
Super Member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Antigo, WI
Posts: 1,328
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of
Default

you should be fine with the stock tire size.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Will these crawler rims work out?...


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.