Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

will the tires fit after the lift?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
kyle91 is on a distinguished road
Default will the tires fit after the lift?

hello everyone i am new to blazer forum and was wondering i have a 92 chevy blazer s10 4x4 and am looking at buying a set of 31 x 10.5 mounted on 15" rims with 5 on 5.5" bolt pattern for $500, and i am getting a 2" suspension lift, will the tires fit

Old 04-29-2010, 06:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The rims have no chance of bolting up. All s-series trucks are 5 on 4.75" bolt pattern.

As far as 31's fitting, I believe you'll have to do a t-bar crank w/ shackles (don't go over 1.5") along with a 2" body lift.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

The tires will fit with the suspension lift alone. You might get some rubbing on frame or the rear of the fender. Adding to your turn stops will stop the rubbing on the frame. You can trim the fender a little to stop the rubbing on the fender.

Of course all of this depends greatly on what rim your using, too. Those 5x5.5 rims won't work.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:22 AM

can i just use the stock rims and throw on the 31's onto it? im new to all this stuff so help me out please lol

Old 05-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Starting Member

a 31x10.5 (that's 10.5 tire width) will fit. I think that might be the limit for the stock 15x7 rims, but it could vary by specific tire size. say if you want the metric equivalent of a 31" tire. Decide what tire you want, and they should list the max and min wheel width for that tire.

Post back if you need more info or clarification.

Old 05-02-2010, 01:57 AM

well i went into fountain tire and my buddy that works there said they could put them on the stock rims, so thank you

Old 05-02-2010, 09:52 PM
Starting Member

No prob. You should post up some pics once you get them so that we can see the finished product.

Old 05-02-2010, 10:04 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

since its a first gen you can fit 31s with out any lift. They will rub if you hit a bump while you are turning. I would just crank the tbars and put in a shackle or get a 2in body lift. You shouldn't need both unless you plan on taking it off-road. Then you might need both.
on a side note. i wouldn't spend the money on a 2in lift. You can do the same thing your self for 60 bucks. Crank the tbars 1.5in and get a shackle for the back.

Old 05-03-2010, 12:12 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

well, NVANZEE already said it.

i had 31's on my stock suspensioned '92 for awhile, without any issues (on the factory 5 spokes). the only time i ever ran into an issue was when the wheels were turned to lock while playing HARD off-road.

i actually found that the tires hit the inner's more on going into driveways.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Man, I must have a weird 1st gen then, lol. When I had my current tires put on. (Listed in sig). Even with the 3 inch body lift, I couldn't turn the steering wheel no lie over 2 inches either direction without rubbing the factory flares. I turned the t-bars and cut the flares and still rub the back of the front fenders turning up driveways and the such.

But that's just my luck... either way let's see some pics! I love seeing some fellow 1st gen guys getting some mods done!

Quick Reply: will the tires fit after the lift?