Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

Would like these tires, what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:18 AM
Beginning Member
Bosgarage57 is on a distinguished road
Default Would like these tires, what do you think?

Hey guys, im pretty new here, and I've posted this before in the general section but it died down so I would like some more opinions in the right section. If this is against the rules please let me know and i will delete or a mod can delete. Thanks.

I found these rims on my local craigslist, they should fit ya? It says its a "Monte Carlo SS Factory Wheels" and will fit small size gm or s10's. Wonder what size they are, I'd like black rims and I like the look of those. The tires on the blazer right now are about bald so they will need replacing soon anyways. If the tires are bad on these can I buy bigger ones? Like 28's or so as I'm all stock. Thanks guys!

Update: I talked to the guy and he said they would fit the 2wd blazer perfect, but prob not the 4wd, why? Is the backspacing different? If so can I buy some kind of adapter to work for the tires?

Last edited by Bosgarage57; 12-03-2010 at 12:45 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:49 PM
Dunnz28 is on a distinguished road

they will fit both 2wd and 4x4 but on the 4x4 they will stick out about 2 inch as the backspacing is different,but i like the stance it gives but thats just me lol,i have camaro iroc rims on my 4x4.oh and they are 15 inch rims and you can fit a 30inch tire on your blazer no problem

Last edited by Dunnz28; 12-03-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 01:48 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

chevytruckdood posted a picture of his truck the other day, 2WD wheels on a 4WD truck:

If the guy selling those wheels claims they'll fit a 2WD truck perfect, then they should give you a stance like the pic above.

With the stock wheels most people can fit 30x9.5x15 with no problem. If you push the wheels out some due to different offset or BS, then you may or may not run into clearance issues with the corners of the fenders. It kind of depends on the strength and height of your suspension. If there are issues, you can either lift it 1-2" or cut the fenders so that there's no rubbing.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:58 PM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

Hey man they should fit perfect. I would definitely buy them if the price is right. Not sure if you could clear 30's, unless you crank your torsion bars 1/2" to 1", but then you'll need an alignment. And if your gonna go that far get 31" BFG All Terrains and crank the t-bars a little more or get a 2" body lift. I ran into rubbing issues when sharp turning while hitting a bump in the road, after I installed my Cragars with my stock tires last year. But my Cragars stick out 3 more inches than stock 15" 4wd wheels. Hope ya get em!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Beginning Member

alrght guys got off the phone with the guy and I'm gonna go see them this weekend. Super nice guy he said we could put one on the blazer and see if it works. Will the rear stick out further or the front. I actually like the wider stance myself.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 PM
Beginning Member

hey guys one of the other members said I might need a different kind of lugnut, one that would help center the tire. What do you all think?

Old 12-03-2010, 10:17 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bosgarage57
hey guys one of the other members said I might need a different kind of lugnut, one that would help center the tire. What do you all think?
look at mde's photo for stance. mine sits the same, as you can see the fronts stick out farther. I don't see why you would need a different lug nut myself.... I know some aftermarker wheels used the centering 'insert' style lugs, but I don't 'think' oem wheels of that year had them.... but I may be wrong on that one...

I am using my oem lug nuts with camaro wheels, can't see it being any different

Old 12-04-2010, 03:44 AM
rob44_90 is on a distinguished road

As long as they're acorn lug nuts and you put them on in a star pattern to even everything out, I don't see a problem.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Beginning Member

well tried to put the rims on the blazer and the rims are hitting the calipers. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Old 12-08-2010, 06:33 PM
69chevelle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bosgarage57
well tried to put the rims on the blazer and the rims are hitting the calipers. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
remove your calipers of course!!!!

That means they are probably 14's and won't work. I think everyone assumed they were 15"s

I don't see why else they would hit the caliper.... what size are the rims? if your not sure, what's the tire size on them? will tell you what rim the tires are ment for... but I'm sure you knew that part

Last edited by 69chevelle; 12-08-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Would like these tires, what do you think?