Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

yokos

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Retired Admin
zero psi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default yokos

i just bought some 30x9.5R15 yokohama geolander a/ts for the wifes blazer off of tirerack.com. (i think the current ones are the originals from '95.) not that it really matters now since i already paid for them, but does anyone have any experiance with these tires? i heard they are pretty good, inexpensive tires. im just hoping they're good in the snow. also, you think they'll fit without cranking up the torsions? i really don't feel like aligning it again.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Liltruck is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: yokos

Zero. Ive gotten good results from Tirerack, just make sure and have tires hi-speed balanced. My friend got some tires from site and one of them was "out-of-round" and wobbled pretty bad while on the rim. He did get a replacement w/no hassles though. Good Luck.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:19 PM

Oh, and by the way. Awesome pics of your Sonoma. had a 78 Chevy LUV w/350 swap and a shortened bed (3'10") and convertible hard top. I did all the work myself in a small garage I rented in my neighborhood. Your truck kind of reminds me of it. Post any updated pics on your truck. I am intrested in seeing it's progress.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:19 PM
Retired Admin

thanks, thats good to know tirerack is a good company to deal with. they should be here tomorrow, so ill force balance them at work tomorrow afternoon and hope everythings good.
got any pics of your LUV. those are sweet looking! im knida curious to see what a 3' bed looks like.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:06 PM

Don't have any pics of LUV, ex-wife took and probably set em on fire out of spite. Truck was sold and later found out kid that bought it wrapped it around a tree (go figure). It was hellaciously fast though! Had to fill rear tube bumper w/lead to get the rear end to grab asphalt and boy it pulled some G-forces. I think the shape of my body is still molded into the seat![8D]

Old 10-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Retired Admin

im sorry, man. it never fails, all your hard work and some kid beats the hell out of it and smashes it up. happened to a few people i know.

Old 10-21-2005, 11:25 PM
Retired Admin

mounted them last night. i had to index and rotate one of them on the rim to get it to balance, but it balanced good. so far so good on the ride and noise level. these things have really deep tread, but they are surprisingly quiet! and they fit nice too. they do rub the sway bar when cut all the way, but big deal. ill just tell my wife not to cut the wheel all the way ill put some pics up tomorrow

Old 10-22-2005, 04:01 PM
Retired Admin

i managed to take a picture before my wife took the blazer for the day. sorry, i havent washed it for a while.

[IMG]local://upfiles/39/F23E869A8CE840CABA5AA38EC4EC9346.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-22-2005, 06:22 PM
blazin97 is on a distinguished road

they look really good on there.