Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

ZR2 on 18"s

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Beginning Member
l008com is on a distinguished road
Default ZR2 on 18"s

After endless planning and research, I finally picked the wheel/tire combo I wanted, and went for it. This is my Blazer, sitting on a site of 18" American Racing wheels, and Yokohama Geolander tires. The tires are 275/60R18 which on paper should be the same size as the stock 31"x10.5" However in reality, they are definitely wider. But not too wide, so that just means all the more traction.

I like the look overall, although they look a little "too nice" and "too aftermarket". Not exactly the look I was going for, but there are so few options for wheels that fit a 4x4 Blazer. I'm hoping I can find some bowtie centercaps that just happen to fit, so I can swap them in for the American Racing ones.

If I had to do it again, I might give a little more consideration to knock off vette wheels. The problem with the vette wheels is that all the sets have larger rear wheels and smaller fronts. It made things a hassle to get four matching wheels, so I just went with these.

Oh and also, handling is MUCH better! Drives great on the highway now. The old tires were pretty old.

Name:  H96bSDT.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  503 Bytes

Old 05-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

Those tires would actually be about .5" Wider and .5" taller than stock size.

As for the look, they look ok, just not my style. If you are happy with them though, that's what matters.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:08 PM
Starting Member
01 Jimmy SLE is on a distinguished road

I'd put those on my jimmy for sure. They're american racing, but what's the model name or whatever?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by 01 Jimmy SLE
I'd put those on my jimmy for sure. They're american racing, but what's the model name or whatever?
The wheels are AR887, 18x7.5; I got the wheels and tires on Amazon.com, believe it or not. They were the cheapest place I could find them.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:17 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
Those tires would actually be about .5" Wider and .5" taller than stock size.

As for the look, they look ok, just not my style. If you are happy with them though, that's what matters.
If it were up to me, there are several 18" wheels I'd prefer, off of full size trucks. But they're all 6 lug so you really don't have many options. Vette wheels, maybe 3 different AR choices and thats about it.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 PM
Jamaroon has a spectacular aura aboutJamaroon has a spectacular aura about

I think its more the size of the wheels I don't like, they look too big to me.

Old 05-17-2014, 10:15 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Jamaroon
I think its more the size of the wheels I don't like, they look too big to me.
X2

IMHO, these Blazers look much better with 15" rims more so than anything larger. As far as offroading goes, the more side wall the better.

But has already been said, if you like them more power to you. I like my 15" rims as the tires are much cheaper. Plus, I do go offroad I tend to like that extra side wall.

To each his own.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:37 PM
BF Veteran
El_Beautor will become famous soon enoughEl_Beautor will become famous soon enough

The 18's look pretty good. Way better than some of the 20's and rubber band setups I see sometimes. I do agree that for offroading the more sidewall the better. I have a set of 15's with 31" MT's for when I go offroad. On the highway and for daily driving I love my 17's.

Old 05-21-2014, 09:30 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

The wheel tire combo looks good to me and the truck overall would look a lot better with about two inches less gap above the front wheels. IMO.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:02 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by LeWhite
The wheel tire combo looks good to me and the truck overall would look a lot better with about two inches less gap above the front wheels. IMO.
ZR2's always sag in the back. The fix is not to drop the nose but to lift the *** Which is very easy to do with new, taller shackles. I'll probably do this at some point to level it out.

Quick Reply: ZR2 on 18"s