Tires and Wheels What skins are you rollin' around on? Discuss wrapping your rims in here.

ZR2 rims

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 11:04 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ZR2 rims

I'm looking for some new rims and tires for my blazer mine are flaking a bit also want that wider stance. The stock rim is 15X7 with 6 backspacing. I'm looking at 15X7 with around 4 backspacing. The blazer is a zr2 with 2 inch additional lift. Does this sound like i would have problems? also not quite sure what rims to go with i like the chrome look which is what i have now but dont wanna spend a whole lot of course so any suggestions on that would be appreciated. also tire size would be 31X10.5.

Old 11-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Millertime21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ZR2 rims

I would imagine you would rub a little with only 4" of back space. Reason I say this is because when my blazer had a 2"bl and 31" tires on 4" bs rims I rubbed. As far as rim choice the craigers that I'm running seem to be very popular and are very cheap. Mine are black, but I believe they come in chrome also.

Edit: Also forgot to mention the 2wd s10's/blazers have 4" bs rims. Look into the ZQ8's and extreme rims. Two of my favorite stock rims.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:32 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: ZR2 rims

With two inches of additional lift you "should" be okay. Might have to remove the flareletts, though, and/or move the bumper forward just a bit.

Keep in mind, with less backspace you will put more stress on front end components.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:24 PM
gary is on a distinguished road

have a non zr2 and want that zr2 looks i buy thouse fender flares
and put them on my blazer but it look very UGLY what can i do about the rim/tires? realy need your help.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:29 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you can do anything you want about the wheels and tires. what exactly is it that you wanna know??

Old 06-03-2009, 11:37 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

At Summit racing you can get just about any backspacing that you could want. I have had good luck dealing with them.

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294755960

Old 06-03-2009, 11:41 PM
gary is on a distinguished road

i want to know how can i make the wheels stick out more to line up with the fender.
do i need to add spacer or get new rims with diffrent offset? thank

Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you can do either one, if money is an issue then spacers will be the cheapest route but if you decide you go with new rims i would suggest sticking between 4.5"-6" of backspacing.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:47 PM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by gary
i want to know how can i make the wheels stick out more to line up with the fender.
do i need to add spacer or get new rims with diffrent offset? thank
Yep, you just answered your own question. I actually went with wider wheels and spacers in the rear.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah those RC front control arms make the front wider. I found some 15 by 10 rims old school 6 star alluminum real deep dish looks like around 5 or 6 inch backspacing. I would love some 31x11.5 or 12.5 tires but may have to settle for 32inch to get that width.

Quick Reply: ZR2 rims