TrailBlazer GMT360/GMT370 (2002-2009) Tech Have a 2002-2009 Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada or Rainier? Post your general tech questions here.

Help???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 10:31 PM
RAMBS is on a distinguished road
Default Help???

OK, I have to start with a confession? I don't own a Blazer

I have a 2002 Olds Bravada. My first plunge into GM four wheel drive. I thought I was getting the deal of the century when this was offered to me.

But???? 2 inches of snow and I can't get out of my driveway? I have always had Jeep products. Simple transfer cases and differentials. This Smart Track AKA whatever Chevy calls it is baffling me. I'm here because the Bravada forums only get hit once a month of so???

Old 12-10-2013, 10:35 PM

Will anyone have Pitty on Me??? I need some answers. It's up on blocks in my garage right now and I need a starting point?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:09 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, 4 minutes of waiting and you're upset? OK, it's up on blocks, but exactly what problems are you having with it?

Old 12-11-2013, 12:17 AM

The front axles are not engaging, I thought that if I spin one wheel the other should spin the other way? I can manually turn the front drive shaft from under the truck and the front wheels do not engage?

Not Upset, just begging???

I read about a (Special) Blue transfer case fluid that will solve all my problems???? But if the front differential isn't engaged to the drive shaft how can that help?

Is there a Blazer equivalent to the Bravada Smart Track?

Old 12-11-2013, 09:44 AM
LannyL81 is on a distinguished road

If the Bravada is the same setup as the Blazers then locking of the front axle is via a vacuum actuator. So first off....check the vacuum lines under the hood. Start at the engine and follow the lines and replace as necessary.

If all is good there, then check the vacuum actuator under the battery tray. You can pull on the wire cable which will engage the front axle unless there is something broken within the front diff.

Try these things and then come back with what you find-out.

Old 12-11-2013, 09:48 AM
Starting Member
swells87 is on a distinguished road

I thought the Bravada's had a one piece front axle shaft, so no vacuum actuator. I believe the front end on these things are always locked in.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Starting Member
Dobe Rottie Gang is on a distinguished road

That (Special) Blue transfer case fluid your talking about is AC Delco's (Auto-Trak II). Part number 10-4017.

Old 12-11-2013, 02:14 PM

Thanks I will check these things out tonight

Old 12-11-2013, 07:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The 2002 Bravada was a GMT360 platform vehicle. Moving to GMT360 Tech.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 PM

OK, So I am playing Dad and Mom this week so, not to much time for the truck. I drained the transfer case and disconnected the battery. According to Advance Auto I was supposed to use 3 pints of fluid. I put in 2 quarts of AC Delco's (Auto-Trak II). Pricey stuff! I still cant feel it through the inspection hole? I call to confirm pints and not quarts. No, they insist it is 3 pints? Does any here know how much of this blue gold I have to put in?