Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Website Problems and Suggestions (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/)
-   -   Blazer Forum Loading? (https://blazerforum.com/forum/website-problems-suggestions-14/blazer-forum-loading-39714/)

JPate 01-24-2010 09:50 AM

Blazer Forum Loading?

I don not know if it is the computers I use to look on this site but it seems to take a long time to load up. Does anyone else seem to have this issue?

old skool luvr 01-24-2010 10:09 AM

sometimes (very rare).

i know it's my machine working through sludge when it happens. clears right up when i reboot (too much crap accumulating in my PF history cases slowdowns, for me anyways)

Sisk 01-24-2010 02:25 PM

It's hit and miss. A lot of members (including myself) have the same issue from time to time. It comes and goes...usually doesn't last that long either.

rriddle3 01-24-2010 03:14 PM

Use the 'disk clean-up' function or a better program like 'C-Cleaner' if you have one to remove the garbage in the cache and see what happens.

oisinirish 01-24-2010 04:37 PM

I find that to an extent it may be you're ISP. Sometimes you can get shunted to a slower or malfunction modem in there stack and life sucks. I have also found that stopping and "refreshing" or re-sending can get the speed back to normal.

oktain 01-27-2010 07:08 PM

Yeah... on Internet Explorer BF is sloooow, try Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, both are great browsers, and there are so many add-ons for Firefox.

The_Beast 01-27-2010 09:59 PM

I'd do a virus/maleware/spyware.... scan just to check

Defrag, CCleaner, clear browsing history, cache, cookies...

If it's still slow try a new browser, I use Firefox

And if it still going on contract your ISP

JPate 01-28-2010 06:31 AM

Its not just my computer. It seems like any computer i log into does it.

swartlkk 01-28-2010 06:41 AM

Seems that there is a problem with IE and how it handles the loading of the ads... I can't stand using IE on the forum.

Sisk 01-28-2010 07:35 AM

I use Chrome at home...it's pretty quick. It's slow at times though. I know it's not my ISP either...
I do do cleanups every once and a while, but it doesn't seem to help. As I said though it's not a big issue...its hit and miss. sometimes it's really bad, other times not.

JPate 01-28-2010 04:25 PM

downloaded the fire fox and it is soooooo much faster.

Sisk 01-28-2010 05:24 PM

Yeah...IE sucks. Firefox has gotten a lot worse then it used to be. I had constant crashing issues (which I've read are fairly common now with FF) so I switched to Chrome. No issues so far.

oktain 01-28-2010 06:35 PM

I'm juggling between FF and GC... Only problem with Chrome I have is uploading pictures in photobucket to a specific album... I have to upload first then move it, hence FF lol.

Sisk 01-29-2010 07:18 AM

The other thing I HATE about Chrome is you can't right click > set as desktop. WTF is that!? Is there something I'm missing? lol.

swartlkk 01-29-2010 07:24 AM

I have tried the last few releases of Chrome and always found it lacking to my firefox config. Even with the newly released v4 with official extension support, I cannot get it to the level that I have firefox configured. Further distancing Chrome from FF is the work required to even get close. I can set FF up on a new computer and in a few minutes have everything set up exactly like any other computer I own and that is without using any backups.

Cavalier z24 03-08-2010 08:36 PM

Slow site loading

Is there a reason from time to time and more often lately that the site has been much slower at loading? seems to be like this from my house and my buddy's house along with my other house so i know its not my service, Just wondering if anyone else has seen the slow site loading

Spectreblazer 03-08-2010 08:56 PM

yeah its slow on my end too.
according to some mines always slow though:icon_teeth:

swartlkk 03-08-2010 08:56 PM

*Combined with the thread on the same subject in the Forum Help & Suggestions Center*

Cavalier z24 03-08-2010 09:07 PM

Sorry i had no idea there was a forum thread for this :P

Sisk 03-09-2010 08:12 AM

It's a known issue...it comes and goes. Sometimes it's really bad (usually in the evenings). Other times its not so bad..

russosborne 05-04-2010 01:44 AM

I was wondering the same thing. It happens to me from both here at home and from work. Both computers use IE.
I am on several forums that use the vbulletin stuff, and this is the only one that I have problems with.
I actually was going to give up on this forum because I could never even get the forum to load, other than the top banner and a couple of ads, but after buying the Blazer I decided to give it another try.
It is a great forum, but very frustrating to use. Having to switch browsers shouldn't be the only option.
Russ

swartlkk 05-04-2010 08:48 AM

Being owned by a large company like we are, there is very little impact that we can have on how the site is configured. We can only apologize for the inconvenience if you are stuck using a browser that does not properly function with the configuration. If that is reason enough for you to leave, then that is your choice.

Switching browsers definitely is not the only option, however, it is the easiest option for everyone involved.

old skool luvr 05-04-2010 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by russosborne (Post 326739)
I was wondering the same thing. It happens to me from both here at home and from work. Both computers use IE.
I am on several forums that use the vbulletin stuff, and this is the only one that I have problems with.
I actually was going to give up on this forum because I could never even get the forum to load, other than the top banner and a couple of ads, but after buying the Blazer I decided to give it another try.
It is a great forum, but very frustrating to use. Having to switch browsers shouldn't be the only option.
Russ

wow.

i probably have the oldest dinosaur-of-a-desk-top on here, and i'm running XP on IE, and i've really only had 2 times where my loading was affected-and one time was because the site was under attack.

and i know i'm probably gonna be shooting myself in the foot for saying this, but........................i never see any ads. :)

just a little one under the "Vendor Directory" @ the very top right corner.

russosborne 05-05-2010 02:15 AM

well, first off I didn't mean I was looking to leave. I meant before I joined, I kept getting nothing but the banner at the top, and usually a PNC ad. I was thinking this was a dead group.
Having said that, again, it just took me 4 attempts to get to the forum. It is like it starts to load, then just quits. I don't know, it obviously isn't just me having this problem. But it is something I will have to deal with.

This forum is owned by a large company? I must have missed that. Maybe I had better go back and reread the FAQ.

Russ

HcHawks09 05-11-2010 07:53 PM

Error

3 Attachment(s)
Couldn't load the forum at 7:20
Tried Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, and Firefox.
Same results with all three.
I've attached Screen Shots of the Error

swartlkk 05-11-2010 08:19 PM

They did some maintenance. Nothing to write home about. Lasted approximately 15 minutes.