Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Polls?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:33 AM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Polls?

Can normal members not post polls? If we can how, I see no options for it?

Old 04-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Polls?

i thought so, if you click on a section, it appears at the top next to create new topic.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:15 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think so. I didn't have the rights to post a poll until I became a mod........yet I have seen polls posted by other members who are not mods.........

Old 04-23-2007, 10:20 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

As far as I know, polls can only be posted by staff members. I'm not sure why we made that decision, but it was early on when the site was still fairly new that it was changed to only allow staff members to post polls. It can be reopened for discussion again if enough members feel we need to open it to all members.

Old 04-23-2007, 11:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Polls are active in various sections of the forum. I think Patrick would be the best one to answer where they are active... I know that the old Detailing section had polls active...

Old 04-23-2007, 11:29 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Still has two open. I set a time limit on them, pinned them to the top,at the end of May they will be closing. The person who started the polls though is not a staff member...not that I know of anyway.

Old 04-24-2007, 01:07 AM

ORIGINAL: m00nwater

As far as I know, polls can only be posted by staff members. I'm not sure why we made that decision, but it was early on when the site was still fairly new that it was changed to only allow staff members to post polls. It can be reopened for discussion again if enough members feel we need to open it to all members.
Well I dont see why you(whoever owns the site) wouldnt want regular members posting polls. Every board Im a member on allows it, they have a lot bigger problems than people posting stupid polls. I guess I see no problem with it but Im just a sitepeon so my say doesnt go that far.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:49 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

I'll address it to Patrick, our Senior Admin....swartlkk and I are just peons, too LOL

Old 04-25-2007, 01:53 AM

ORIGINAL: m00nwater

I'll address it to Patrick, our Senior Admin....swartlkk and I are just peons, too LOL
Haha ok.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Not to beat a dead horse, but something like this could be reviewed by Senior Moderators before being posted. Say if I wanted to take a poll on what paint/body kit/stereo (maybe even with pictures and links to actual products as well) I (or anyone) should get. I think it would be a fun addition to the forum!