Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Posting a DIY?

Old 03-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Posting a DIY?

What's the procedure for posting a DIY? I saw that forum doesn't have a "New Post" button and couldn't find any conversation about how to go about it. I have a DIY for MAF sensor cleaning finished up in a Word file so I'm ready to copy and paste once I know what to do.
Thanks,
Garry

Old 03-21-2008, 11:49 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Posting a DIY?

Pretty much all you do is post it in the appropriate section (i.e. Engine, body work, etc.) with the title HOW TO Writeup : MAF Sensor Cleaning. Then pm swartlkk telling him about your write-up and he will add it to the section. Thats all I have ever done.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the rough

That way you put up the DIY for review basically, and if anyone finds a step tricky/confusing/awesome it can be duely commented on. Also it gives a place to ask questions regarding the process, so the DIY article itself does not get cluttered.

Old 03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Great - will do.
Thanks

Old 03-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, those two pretty much got it described. Once a HOW-TO is submitted in the appropriate location, it will be reviewed for accuracy or any other problems, then I will make a new post under your username and move it to the DIY section, making the appropriate links and changes for the discussion thread (the original thread on the topic).