Website Problems and Suggestions Need help using the website? Ask here. Have a suggestion to make us better? Tell us here.

Why do my threads keep getting closed/deleted

Old 07-21-2018, 08:14 AM
Beginning Member
Vond88 is on a distinguished road
Default Why do my threads keep getting closed/deleted

I've posted a couple times about my truck that's straight piped with no cats. WHICH IS LEGAL WHERE I LIVE. And they keep getting deleted by someone who keeps saying I'm posting something illegal. Which I'm not. I live in Edmonton Alberta Canada And there is ABSOLUTELY NO LAW that says you need to keep the catyletic converters in your vehicle. Why do they keep getting closed/deleted???? And why am I being told I'm posting something illegal??? I've broken no laws. Where I live and where I'm posting from it is not illegal. Somebody needs to do some research. Its almost like someone is so butt hurt that they can't do it that they wanna make sure nobody else even talks about it.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:24 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough

Maybe its in the sites rules?

Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 AM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

Probably because despite it being legal where you live, its not many other places. If you're allowed to discuss it, it promotes people from areas where it is illegal to join in the discussion about it.

Not to mention it says right in the forum rules not to discuss circumventing the emission control devices.

Is it that big of a deal to stop talkiing about it on here? I'm pretty sure I've seen people warn you that it's against the rules like 4 times. You don't have to agree with it, but just let it go or talk about it elsewhere

Old 07-21-2018, 09:14 AM
Beginning Member
frank1 is on a distinguished road

Maybe there should be an off road section where mods like this would be ok. They are still 4x4s ,aren't they?

Last edited by frank1; 07-21-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2018, 11:31 AM
BF Veteran
newguy will become famous soon enoughnewguy will become famous soon enough
Old 07-21-2018, 01:56 PM
Beginning Member

I honestly couldn't give a **** less.. Just kind of has a school feel. Don't do this. Don't even talk about it. It's a ridiculous rule and whoever thought it was a good idea is an idiot that just wants to feel powerful. We're adults. There's a lot worse things to worry about than someone talking about a ******* catyletic converter or lack there of. And then being told your doing something illegal. When you aren't at all. I don't like being told I'm doing something I'm not. I didn't join this forum to be treated like a child. I had questions about my truck. I didn't think there should be some rent-a-cop wannabe admins controlling everything you post. Who cares if someone does that to their exhaust. Even in a place where it's illegal. Let them do it. It's their ***. Who is anyone to think they can control what someone does. Talking about it isn't gonna make someone go And do it. What a ****ing joke.

Last edited by Vond88; 07-21-2018 at 02:00 PM.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:19 PM
chevyriders is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't break the law, or condone the law being broken in my own business. Therefore I wouldn't expect the admins to do so in their business. You could just look at it like that and show some respect for it, or go find somewhere else to whine about nonsense. Personally, I wouldnt be inclined to help you at this point anyhow.

Old 07-21-2018, 04:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Many of the site rules were dictated by the site owner at the time and were in place long before practically all of the current staff became members. When you signed up to be a member here you agree to abide by the rules. It is quite apparent that you don't like most of the rules here, but until such time as you are in a position to change them, you either abide by them or you stop using this forum. Those are your choices.

Not a single member of the staff here has any stake in the forum other than their shared interest in the vehicles being discussed. None of us are paid in any form to help out around here. We do what we can to keep this place organized and decent for all types of audiences.

Originally Posted by Vond88
I honestly couldn't give a **** less.. Just kind of has a school feel. Don't do this. Don't even talk about it. It's a ridiculous rule and whoever thought it was a good idea is an idiot that just wants to feel powerful. We're adults. There's a lot worse things to worry about than someone talking about a ******* catyletic converter or lack there of. And then being told your doing something illegal. When you aren't at all. I don't like being told I'm doing something I'm not. I didn't join this forum to be treated like a child. I had questions about my truck. I didn't think there should be some rent-a-cop wannabe admins controlling everything you post. Who cares if someone does that to their exhaust. Even in a place where it's illegal. Let them do it. It's their ***. Who is anyone to think they can control what someone does. Talking about it isn't gonna make someone go And do it. What a ****ing joke.
You say you didn't come here to be treated like a child...but I can tell you that this kind of response seems pretty childish.

The main premise behind this thread would have been more appropriate to send in a PM to one of the senior staff for a private discussion. Instead you created this thread; okay, lets see where this goes. It was adult-ish until the quote above where you degenerated... Outbursts like that completely undermine your position. I was willing to have a discussion that I could take to the site owners, but not so much anymore.

Old 08-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Many of the site rules were dictated by the site owner at the time and were in place long before practically all of the current staff became members. When you signed up to be a member here you agree to abide by the rules. It is quite apparent that you don't like most of the rules here, but until such time as you are in a position to change them, you either abide by them or you stop using this forum. Those are your choices.

Not a single member of the staff here has any stake in the forum other than their shared interest in the vehicles being discussed. None of us are paid in any form to help out around here. We do what we can to keep this place organized and decent for all types of audiences.

You say you didn't come here to be treated like a child...but I can tell you that this kind of response seems pretty childish.

The main premise behind this thread would have been more appropriate to send in a PM to one of the senior staff for a private discussion. Instead you created this thread; okay, lets see where this goes. It was adult-ish until the quote above where you degenerated... Outbursts like that completely undermine your position. I was willing to have a discussion that I could take to the site owners, but not so much anymore.

I tried that about a week before I posted this. I sent a message to the admin asking a few questions about this specific topic. Which were ignored. I was polite. I inquiring about the reasoning for closing my thread.
I only made this thread when I noticed the next thread I made was deleted by the same admin, yet I had not received any response to my completely reasonable query.
Say what you want about this thread. I tried going about in a polite way and was completely ignored.

Old 08-08-2018, 05:28 PM
GreenBlazer2002 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Vond88

I tried that about a week before I posted this. I sent a message to the admin asking a few questions about this specific topic. Which were ignored. I was polite. I inquiring about the reasoning for closing my thread.
I only made this thread when I noticed the next thread I made was deleted by the same admin, yet I had not received any response to my completely reasonable query.
Say what you want about this thread. I tried going about in a polite way and was completely ignored.

Search this Thread