1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 s10 blazaer stalling again after doing rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:53 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default No I already checked

I checked that last year and durning the rebuild and even check it again to make sure they was not pinched. The wires are fine. I'm going to see if I can get a vacumm check done. If not it could be a few other things.

Thanks for the help though,

Josh

Old 07-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Starting Member
Default Update: died twice no noise

So I ordered a fuel pump this morning. Acdelo. It died twice. No noise but both times startup up. However the second time was 2 block from teh first time and I was able to pull over and ge tout to check. All I got was about 2 secs of spray then trickle. I don't know about you but 55psi or whatever it is. I figured I would get soaked with spray. So I got home. Amazingly another three block. No stalling but same thing. 2 sec of spray then twickle. Still have like 1/4 of a tank of gass to. So I'm crossing my fingers. I'll let everybody know when I get the pump in and what else I find.

TTFN,

Josh

Old 07-09-2013, 11:57 PM
Starting Member
Default update.

Installed new ac delco fuel pump. Can hear pump running. But no fuel to the filter. Any ideas? It goes on twice. Once when I turn the key on and then again when trying to crank. My brother who did the install will double check everything wensday. He thinks it is not primming but we put a tad more gass in since it was down to under 1/4 of a tank. But still not fuel to the filter from the tank.

Any help would be nice.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 07-10-2013, 12:45 PM
Starting Member
Default Update

So after letting the truck sit overnight. It started up on the 2nd try. I cannot hear the pump at all. I'm thinking it just need to soak in gas all night to prime. I remember one time somebody told me if I had a fuel pump and it was used or what not. To put it in a can of gas over night to let it clean up and prime. So I'm thinking that is what is up. I didn't have time to drive it this morning. So I'll double check everything tonight and give another update.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 07-10-2013, 09:00 PM
Starting Member
Default Another update Wensday evening.

Well I got home and tried to start. Sigh nothing. Still no fuel pump noise now. Interesting. So I don't know why this morning I heard nothing and it started. Perhaps air bubbles Well keep you guys posted.

I really hope this is not a bad ac delco pump sigh.

TTFn,

josh

Old 07-10-2013, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
Default wensday night update

Brother came over. check fuel pump relay and it is good. Jumped fuel pump line. Fuel pump is runnig. Just very, very quiet. We now have fuel up behind the manifold. We check for spark just in case something stupid happened. We go that. My bro is going to try and check around for a fuel pressure tester or we are thinking the worse. The spider fuel injector or pressure regulator died. Any other thing to check for? He has friday off. He was thinking it ran this morning due to fumes or I got it just right. To bad I didn't have time just to run it.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 07-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Starting Member
Default Thursday monring update

So I went out this morning and it fired up first try. So I ran it for 10 minutes. Drove foward, drove backwards. Turned it up. Fired up 2 more times no problem. Then I had to goto work. Grrrr. Still trying to track down a fuel pressure tester. Thinking about putting a new filter in just in case. But the old one is only like 3 months or so old. SO I'll keep updating.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 07-12-2013, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
Default Friday night update

So my brother snuck over on thurday night and fuel tested it. It tested good. Except he didn't have a way to start it. He didn't realize that it was running and still was running even today. So we now tested it when it was running. It is all good for all fuel pressure tests.

So the only thing we could come up with. Is that after we jumped the pump and finally got a good fuel flow to the front. We flooded it. Thus letting it sit untl the next morning. The only strange one was when I came out and started it one morning. Then that eveninig it would not start. My brother is thinking just air in the system.

So I drove it around the block several times. It didn't do that before the fuel pump changed. I wish I could get it up and going. But only 147 miles on rebuilt engine. He said next week after running it for a week. We will change out the filter. Just to be safe. Once again I hope my final update will be no more stalling. But even up to good operating temple idles great now too. SO I'll keep my fingers crossed.

TTFN,

Josh

Old 07-13-2013, 01:42 AM
Toby Hanson will become famous soon enough

What do you mean when you say "it tested good?" It has to reach 60psi at fuel pump prime and hold pressure above 55psi for ten minutes to qualify as good.

If you do flood the engine just crank it over with the pedal to the floor to put it in flood clear mode. That will start the engine and clear the flood, just like in the old days with a flooded carburetor.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:10 PM
Starting Member
Default Tested the following

63 when push on gas. Then goes back down to like 61. 60 when just turned on. I remember a 58 in there someplace. Maybe it went down to 58 and up then came back down while pressing on the gass. (Sorry not very technical.) As for the 10 minute thing. I don't know if I trust him on that. He said he tested it on thursday. So when he comes over to put the new fuel filter on and put the cover back on. The protective cover I found out that was plastic. I'll insist we watch if for 10 minutes. I know we watched it for like 2 minutes on friday or so and it didn't drop one bit. The chiltons say 55 - 61. I assume that is good. I insisted we tested it again on friday due to he said like 51 and didn't test it with the engine running. But he couldn't remember what the number was. So that is why I wanted to have him check it again. All checked out okay. Except for that 10 minute test.

Thanks again for the help.

Josh

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazaer stalling again after doing rebuild