1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

93 s10 blazaer stalling again after doing rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Starting Member
ussexplorer is on a distinguished road
Default update not so good

56 when running
60 when primed
62 when reved up. You know put your foot on the gass.

But the major failure. Not three minute and we as at 60 down to 49.

On the good side no stalling after driving around for a few days.

Also one other note. The sock that came with the filter. The sctrainer. The new one is facing horizontal and not flat like that old one. Is that a improvement? The old one had a hole in it and we think it rubbed against the tank.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 08-02-2013, 10:02 PM
Starting Member
Default okay replaced spider fuel injector

So we replaced spider fuel injector. The regulator side was leaking. But to my wonder. It is worse than before for pressure blead off. We turn the truck off. Goes down to about 10psi and holds. So I figured I either got a bad fuel tester. bad part or a leak. But everything looks good. The next thing I can think of is a leak test throughout the system.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Josh

Old 09-23-2013, 08:20 PM
Starting Member
Default Yet another update.

Update:

Took it to the mechanic. He found 2 issues. One was a vacumm leak. The other was the o2 sensor was unplugged and the wire was rubbed raw against the tranny mounting plate. So he fixed that. So I'm crossing my fingers.

Josh

Old 01-19-2014, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
Default Another update since mechanic

Well. It still runs a tad rough. It mostly starts up. Idles good. Then you can start to notice it miss. Then one day I was driving along and it seemed like I had no power. So I pulled over and checked everything. Didn't see any problem. Parked it for a day and figure I would drive it over to the mechanic. But it ran just fine. With the exception fo the slight miss. Talked about driving me up the wall. Also the other issue I had and I'm pretty sure this is the digital guage. Is when I dot low on gass. Like the warning light was blinking. I turned two corners and it stalled. The truck started right back up. So I filled it up with gass. I'm thinking just the sending unit. But we will see. No check engine codes. No strange dash blinking for freaking out issue. The only thing I did since I got it back from the mechanic is pull the computer. Indside there is eeprom chips on a board. The board was loose. So I pushed it back in. I also checked all the wiring from the firewall to the computer. I did this since the old eletrical tape was falling off and the heater core leaking onto it. The wiring looked great and I taped it back up. I did find a new heater core like the last owner said they did. But to my dismay to broke the plastic heater cover. So if I ever pull the dash or find a way to pull that part without breaking it. I broke it more to get it out. I'll replace that peice.

Took it for the first time on the interstate. Over 1,000 miles since the rebuild. Trip was 18 miles each way. It ran great. I think and just think I might be a tad off for power. But it might just be me.

1. Slight miss. (It annoys me.)
2. sending unit. (not to much to worry about.)
3. digital dash freaking out. (has not freaked out since I did the ecm.)

Also should I start a new thread with these three issues?

So any other things to check for?

Thanks,

Josh

Last edited by ussexplorer; 01-19-2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Added one more question.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:42 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Dont start a new thread with those issues, since you have this one here.

I did not see anything mentioned about the EGR valve. Did you clean it, and put in the new gasket with the screen?

Old 01-20-2014, 07:42 PM
Starting Member
Default That is one of two things I was considering.

That is one of two things considering. I saw it off the truck but did not get a chance to clean it before going back on. My brother was doing the rebuild work and had it on and swore he cleaned it. But I don't know how or with what. Also what is this about a screen?

Thanks,

Josh

Old 03-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Starting Member
Default Update:

So my brohter experianced another couple of issues I had.

1. After sitting for a week it would crank and crank and crank then start. The last time I did it I smelled gass. Now the interesting part after that. It would start up pretty good.

2. He pulled the truck into the garage and replaced the front bearing joints. As he finished up. He went to go start the truck. Turns over but not start. While we run the battery down. He checks for spark, gass (smelled tons of it.) check pressure in fuel, etc. etc. etc. We also jumped the computer and pulled the standard 12 code. No issue there. So I told him. Well lets just wait. Sure enough 10 minutes later. Boom It started up.

While he was messing around. He did find another crappy vacumm hose. So we replaced that. He also recomended getting a new IAC sensor for my slight rumbling in the engine after running for a few minutes. Even though I cleaned it. He is thinking computer or sensor. Mostly computer.

Also he has not had the time. But we are still going to check out the egr too.

Plus I still need to get my monitoring cable. But we know money is tight.

Thanks,

Josh

Old 03-05-2014, 09:39 PM
Starting Member
Default Another update.

So I got a pattern I think. I got out and turn truck over. Truck turns over. Floods. Smell gass. let truck sit for 5 10 minutes. IT starts up. Now during the time it runs the battery down. It will try. But mostly not.

Any ideas?

I'm thinking of replacing engine coolant sensor. Seems to be one thing that comes around the list and is original to the engine before the rebuild. But I dont' know why it wouldn't be throwing a check engine light. Like the one on my suzuki sidekick did.

Thanks,

josh

Old 03-05-2014, 11:35 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

what happens when you spray starting fluid into the throttle body when trying to turn it over? does it fire up right away?

Old 03-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Starting Member
Default Yes it does and I think I killed it

So yes it seems to fire right up. So I tried it about 4 times. Pausing between. So spray, start. Wait start. no start, spray start. etc. to make sure what i was seeing. On the 5 time there was poping noise like a backfire under then engine. THen smoke comming out of the air intake. Okay not a big deal. Well now when I start the truck it idles. Badly. Wants to die and not run at all. shacks like garbage. Still no codes in the computer. I think I might have fried something in the vortec chamber. But the smoke didn't seem like eletrical. But the only thing I can think in there is spider fuel injector.

Josh

Quick Reply: 93 s10 blazaer stalling again after doing rebuild