1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

New fuel pump not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:21 PM
AussiesinCanada is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New fuel pump not working

Hi Everyone, We are two Aussies living in Canada and are in some urgent need of some helpful tips. I am not very mechanically inclined and this was was first real job on an auto.

The 1993 S10 Blazer just stopped running about two weeks ago, someone helped me check the relay switch which was supposedly running fine.
I bought myself a delphi fuel pump and a new tank. I managed to get the old pieces out and the new pieces in with a little swearing and a lot of bruised knuckles.

Before screwing on the fuel tank straps i have the the ignition to on and the pump has started whirring like it should. We hooked everything else up and then tried to start the engine but got nothing. The starter motor was cranking but it didn't kick the engine over.

I have replaced the fuel filter as i thought that it was maybe not getting enough gas. Now when i turn it on i don't even get the whirring of the pump.

I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box but that is as far as i have gone.

Any thoughts on what my next move should be?

Cheers Blazer heads.

Old 11-20-2010, 06:18 PM
94BlazerPA is on a distinguished road

double check your fuel connections and make sure nothing is leaking. also check your electrical connections and make sure the ground is tight.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:05 AM
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough

Did you have gas in the tank when you tested the new pump ?

Old 11-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

When you reinstalled the pump, did you clean the ground wire and mounting area well and reinstall the ground nice and tight?

Old 11-21-2010, 08:33 PM
chevorfordtruck is on a distinguished road

i am having a similar problem with my 92 blazer i have a 4.3w with cpi i put in new pump filter and working cpi but no start i t was running went to my parents place and twenty min later wouldnt start no leaks pump works got the pump from partsouce it is a delphi this is the third pump in 3 yrs

Old 11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Beginning Member
Kwillia is on a distinguished road

Do yo have any fuel coming to the injectors or any spark?

Old 11-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Beginning Member
AuburnBlazer is on a distinguished road

chevorfordtruck - check fuel pump relay

Old 11-23-2010, 06:57 AM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

^ he said he and a friend checked it and it was supposedly running fine.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Beginning Member
gomfrddy is on a distinguished road

ho there partner...one step at a time...is the engine turning?

Originally Posted by AussiesinCanada
Hi Everyone, We are two Aussies living in Canada and are in some urgent need of some helpful tips. I am not very mechanically inclined and this was was first real job on an auto.

The 1993 S10 Blazer just stopped running about two weeks ago, someone helped me check the relay switch which was supposedly running fine.
I bought myself a delphi fuel pump and a new tank. I managed to get the old pieces out and the new pieces in with a little swearing and a lot of bruised knuckles.

Before screwing on the fuel tank straps i have the the ignition to on and the pump has started whirring like it should. We hooked everything else up and then tried to start the engine but got nothing. The starter motor was cranking but it didn't kick the engine over.

I have replaced the fuel filter as i thought that it was maybe not getting enough gas. Now when i turn it on i don't even get the whirring of the pump.

I have checked all the fuses in the fuse box but that is as far as i have gone.

Any thoughts on what my next move should be?

Cheers Blazer heads.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:41 PM
chevorfordtruck is on a distinguished road

my blazer is turning over just wont start got spark got fuel new injector, filter, pump i am more knowledgable about carrb systems than fuel injected so iam at a loss
what can it be

Quick Reply: New fuel pump not working