1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

a little clarification

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 05:35 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a little clarification

just wanting to make sure I understand what im looking at properly, today I had the day off so I went out and finally copied down all the RPO codes out of my glovebox and started chasing them down via http://www.s10forum.com/rpo/index.php to find out what they all mean the one I am curious about is
AX3 - Lock control entry, remote entry - dealer activated
Now the way I am taking that is it means my truck has factory keyless entry (never had the fob when I bought the truck so I didnt know) am I right in my understanding of this? If so I should be able to just go to the dealer and buy a fob for my truck right?
as always thanks in advance for the feedback.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:43 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: a little clarification

Mine has AU0 (remote keyless entry). Given the age difference between your vehicleand mine, it might just be a different option code number or it might be a different animal altogether. I bet a Chevy dealer could give you the right answer.

Old 12-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

My '93 has AU0 for keyless entry. I don't really know what the AX3 is, though I see the same description of that code elsewhere.

You can look to see if you have the module - it's under the center console. In the Bravada, it's under the cupholders. I think it's a little more central under the console on the Blazers, but I can't remember.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 AM

Ok went to the local chevy dealer today and I understood correctly AX3 does in fact mean it came with factory keyless entry so now to find a remote and hope the receiver in my truck isn't garbage (who knows why the factory remote(s) are missing).
Now my next question, I have never before purchased anything from ebay at all so bear with my newbie questions I found this one http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400014232382&i h=027&category=33723&_trksid=p4506.m7& _trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DD%26otn%3D3%26ps%3D5
so I guess my next question is what do I look for to make sure this guy is legit? It says programming instructions are included is there anything else I would need that I am overlooking?

thanks again.

Old 12-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need to find the RKE (remote keyless entry) module first. The FOB will need to have the same FCC ID with the exception being the last character.

Here are a few threads that will help:
OEM Remote
Keyless Entry

Old 12-02-2008, 10:11 AM

If it's like my '93 - and the '94 Jimmy I had to get my module from in the junkyard (dumb PO had spilled soda all over it and burned it up) - your module is under the armrest center console. Just take it apart, it should be there.

The module for both of the above trucks had an FCC ID of ABO0104T, made by TRW.

Old 12-02-2008, 02:12 PM

as Leeann said it is a TRW module

yah i know kinda blurry but you get the drift (FCC ID#: ABO0103R) oh zero one zero just to be clear on what is what there was also another number at the bottom of the sticker not sure what it is for but that was: DOC 218 K681 if that helps

Old 12-02-2008, 02:48 PM

All you need to know is 103R. In fact, I think you can search eBay motors with just those numbers and you should turn up a fob or two.

I found my spare just searching for 104T (I did get one with the module in the JY).

Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 PM

and one last thing before i spend money on a remote could i follow these instructions https://blazerforum.com/m_23246/tm.htm and put it in programming mode to see if the module is actually working?

Old 12-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You could give it a try.