1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

starting problem, possible injector

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 09:08 PM
3kidblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default starting problem, possible injector

hello,this is my first post. I have a 1993 s10 blazer4.3 vortec "w" vin cpi. I have replaced the dist cap, wire, plugs,coil etcabout8 months ago along with aftermarket injectors. this solved my problem for a few months and then again a starting problem. I replaced the injectors again in july and that solved the problem. In aug the samething again so i changed the injectors with new ac delco injectors and that solved my problem. but now my egr valve went out and i changed that but i am beginning to have the starting problem again. the fuel psi is 60 lbs,i am getting spark, when i try to start it it won't fire up but when it does it dies and then it will fire up and stay running. i love this truck and want to keep it but ican not afford to change injectors every 3 months. by the way it has 210000 miles please help with this issue!!!!!!!

Old 12-22-2008, 09:54 PM
Beginning Member
eskylar!59 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: starting problem, possible injector

Are the injectors just getting clogged up? When did you last change fuel filter?

Old 12-22-2008, 11:53 PM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

Lesson #1: these trucks dont like aftermarket parts spend the extra on ac delco/delphi parts the first time and you wont be changing the same part again in a few months.

Now to your current issue you said it has 60 psi with key off does it stay at 60 or bleed down rather quickly? when you replaced your injectors did they come with a new fuel pressure regulator? (more often than not they do but im asking to make sure we dont skip anything) When you turn the key on are you waiting til the fuel pump stops whining before you try to start it?

Old 12-28-2008, 05:55 PM

i haven't been able to see if the pressure drops and yes the injectors came with fuel pressure regulator, as i said i changed my egr valve but i still get the code 32 for it. now it starts but it is acting as if it has no power when driving and wants to bog down and backfires. when driving it bucks and bogs and i am at my wits end on what to do. I opened the manifold valve to look in the plemnum and it is not the injectors because it is not shiny in there. please someone help me with this i want to keep this truck.

again everythin i havechanged in the 3 yrs i have owned it. radiator and water pump when i first bought it, then the fuel pump 2 years ago, the injectors 1 1/2 years ago the alternator 1 year ago, the complete distributor assembly and plugs and wires 1 yr ago. the injectors again 8 months ago, the ac compressor 6months ago, the injectorsinjuly and aug,the egr valve this month oh yeah the map sensor and tps sensor last month.

help me please what do i do.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM

oh yeah i changed my fuel filter today and fuel was coming out of the fuel filter. while i had the filter off i turned the truck on to see if the pump worked and it pumped plenty of fuel out of it.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:00 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you checked your catalytic converter?

It's quite possible it was damaged by excess fuel running through it and it doesn't allow enough exhaust through above idle.

Quick check is to tap LIGHTLY on it with a rubber mallet or something like that. If it rattles or sounds like there are marbles inside, it needs to be replaced.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

did you say that you still have an SES lite on? If so, is it a code 32? Did you change it out or someone else? Wonder if he(or you) started the vehicle when the EGR was off to 'clean' out the port leading to the EGR? Another wonder....did you (or he) use a 'screened' EGR gasket? You may be having an ongoing carbon issue continually getting carbon in the EGR. If it were replaced, I imagine that a thorough cleaning(of the EGR) and a screened gasket would have saved you the $ spend on the EGR. I've had hundreds of EGRS(maybe thousands-I wonder?) and very rarely have to replace em' if you 'free' up the valve travel, run it with the valve off then finish with a screened gasket. Let us know but if you still have an SES lite-let us know-I'd start(and possibly finish) with that. Jerry PS push the valve of the EGR in, also, and make sure there is no carbon '*****' inside the EGR.

Old 01-09-2009, 03:00 PM

I FINALLY DID A FUEL PRESSURE TEST AND WITH THE KEY ON IT GOES STRAIGHT TO 60 PSI. WITH THE KEY OFF IT DROPS TO ABOUT 58 AND STAYS IT NEVER LEAKS DOWN. I JUST REPLACED THE FUEL PUMP RELAY AND STILL NOTHING. I OPENED THE AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD ON THE PLENUM AND IT DOES NOT LOOK LIKE THE INJECTORS ARE LEAKING PLEASE HELP WHAT NEXT.

Old 01-09-2009, 09:00 PM
Peru Motors is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmmmmmmm-did(can) you read my previous post?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????jerry

Old 01-09-2009, 09:48 PM

duh yeah i can read, i changedthe egr valve and yes the code was 32. i ran the truck with the egr valve off, no screened gasket just the one that camewith the egr. i have taken it off twice and still the same thing, i will do it again and push the valve in. would that keep the truck from starting and running, i can get it to start by spraying carb cleaner in the intake it will fire up then run as long as i hold the pedal down but die as soon as i let off. is the egr causing this or something else casuing this problem.

Quick Reply: starting problem, possible injector