1st Generation S-series (1983-1994) Tech Discuss 1st generation S-series (1983-1994) general tech topics here.

transfer case and hubs

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Beginning Member
colby is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy transfer case and hubs

Hello. I have posted this thread b4 but all of my threads have been erased. Anyways my number one problem is still my fuse for the transfer case switch. I can cycle the transfer case all the way through as long as the key is in acc. As soon as the ignition turns over i blow the fuse. Second problem is going down the interstate at 75. After about a half hour it sounds like the passanger side hub is trying to engage.. Pull off the interstate come to a stop and its normal again for another half hour.. wondering if a vaccuum leak would cause the hub to "walk" and try to engage? Also on the transfer case fuse deal. Is it true there is a hot wire that runs to the transfer case that causes these same problems? I thought it was dash wireing but am convinced the problem is else where. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Which fuse is blowing? Be specific.

Also, what is it that you are working on? Please put this information into your signature and attach it to your posts so others do not have to go looking for it.

Is this a different situation than your previous thread discussed:
Blowing radio fuse after startup

Old 03-20-2009, 12:06 PM
Beginning Member
colby is an unknown quantity at this point

For some reason I cannot add a signature. Guess I will type it every time. Anyways it is the radio fuse that is blowing but that fuse runs push button 4x4, rear wiper, cig lighter,and rear washer fluid. The problem in the previous thread is still prescent but not worried about the radio now. I have that working, worried about my off roading fun now. But the same fuse is blowing.

1994 S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3L Vortech