2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 Blazer - fuel pump relay connector ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 11:47 PM
Terry W is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 98 Blazer - fuel pump relay connector ?

I'm not getting any power to my fuel pump on 98 blazer. I checked the wires going in at the pump while the key was on and got nothing. The book that I'm using says to check the relay to see if it has power.
The book also says most fuel pump relay connectors are located behind the glove box but I can't find anything that looks like what they show in the book. Can someone tell me where the fuel pump relay is on the 98 blazer and maby even what it really looks like.

Old 10-06-2006, 02:47 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 98 Blazer - fuel pump relay connector ?

The location is indicated on the electrical center cover in the engine compartment. Remember that the relay only powers up for about 3 seconds when the key is turned on.
Check all your fuses too.

Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Terry W is an unknown quantity at this point

OK. I was afraid of that. I checked the fuses and the relay marked f-pump it did have power so I traded that relay with an identical one from the panel still no luck. Maby I have a broken wire somewhere between the relay and the pump ?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO TRY AND HELP!!

Old 04-05-2008, 09:15 AM
fun2b1 is an unknown quantity at this point

any solution to this either?????

Old 04-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please stop digging threads up that are ancient.

Old 04-10-2008, 02:37 PM
fun2b1 is an unknown quantity at this point

listen .. honestly.. I'm desparate... i tapped on two new grounds straight to the vcm... and it worked flawlessly for two days..until right now...right now I'm stranded at a dangelos with no cellphone and no way outta here.. so I'm really looking for any answers since all of these seem to be pertaining to the issue I'm having... so perhaps I'm grasping at straws... but when I have nothing else... and nowhere else to go.. I'll go for anything....forgive me for going for that long shot... perhaps there should be some sort of archive developed.. for the peopel that post their solutions and a trash bin for the ones that dont post solutions.... so that people like me wont stumble across them and look for that ounce of hope...

EDIT

well I emailed this person and here is their end result of this post....

I never did find the power going to thepump. But I was able to checkthe wire for brakes with a ohmmeter. The wire was fine and the relay seemed to be fine toSo I just broke down and put a new pump in it and that fixed everything It runs real good now.
SORRY it took so long to get backto you ![/align][/align]at least now the post is concluded...[/align]