2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rear hatch would not open

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:36 PM
merlsha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear hatch would not open

THANKS HELTER80....GONNA HAVE A LOOK ON THE WEEKEND...............WOULD YOU ALSO KNOW ANY REASON WHY,WHEN I CHANGED MY HEATER CORE ,IM GETTING COLD AIR BLOWING THROUGH THE FRONT FACEING VENTS BUT LUKE WARM FROM THE DEFROST / FLOOR VENTS. ALSO WHEN I TURN THE TEMP TO COLD OR HOT IT COMES OUT LUKE WARM.......HAVE TRIED RESET ALSO FIREWALL HEATER HOSES ARE GETTING HOT BUT WATER IN THE RAD ISNT GETTING TO HOT???????

Old 02-22-2009, 08:09 PM
blazin8556 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: rear hatch would not open

on my 97, i pulled the dome light fuse out cause i had to have the doors open for a while trying to put in a system. and went to the back of the truck to open the glass and tailgate to get to my tool box, i hit the button and it would not work. so i had to put the fuse back in. i think mine was number one or three i dont remember. but it was in the fuse panel in the side of the dash on the driver side. (btw wound up breaking my hazard button and the flashers wouldn't stop, and let the turn signals and brake lights work that day. anyway. i decided to stick a screw in just right cause the price of a new turn signal switch was outrageus. $232.99 with cruise) off topic i know just wanted to share.

Old 08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
goletadude is on a distinguished road

I have a 99' with the same problem. Rear window will not open nor will the rear hatch lock. I checked all fuses, (my fuses under the hood don't have numbers, so #3 is ?) Is there an uder dash relay I may be missing? BTW... Where is a good place to get a full set of schematics? Scott

Old 06-06-2010, 08:33 AM
Starting Member
n4ome is on a distinguished road
Default 2002 Blazer tailgate won't open

Great picture RMKENNY on the Blazer tailgate. I can see the blue plastic piece thur the access hole in the carpet but I still can't get the tailgate open. What's the secret? My motor does move when I push the button and I have tried to pull the top of the panel back but it won't move but about 1/4 inch. What else do I need to do to get the glass open?

Old 10-08-2010, 06:52 PM
brokencookie is on a distinguished road
Default might be the dome light

I had a the same problem with my 1996 Blazer LS. The fuse was fine but the dome light was burned out. Changed the bulb.. Open Sesame !!

Old 10-12-2010, 10:16 PM
goletadude is on a distinguished road

I found that the wiring in the rear hatch flex feed was broken. I had to replace all of the wires that ran from the car chassis to the rear hatch.

Old 10-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Beginning Member
1995ChevyBlazer is an unknown quantity at this point

My problems that i get with the rear popper is it actually gets jammed and i have to pull the actuator back out for it to work right for about 10 times. then repeat. They ddont like to be bannged around.. I've been looking for a different design, My key buttons dont work (i have 2 blazers same prob) so my first one i took the key out and made it into a truck cap with a key to lock it. so i unlock and turn it just like a truck cap<3 best way so far... The truck cap pieces just need to be perfect flat size to fit in the groove from the outside in. No more need for buttons..
Sorry i stole your picture but if window cant be opened do as pic Now says.

Attached Thumbnails  rear hatch would not open-tailgate..jpg  

Last edited by 1995ChevyBlazer; 10-13-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Beginning Member
Pinrod33 is on a distinguished road

Before I go changing my fuses, does anyone know if it can still be a fuse issue if i am hearing a motor sound when I try pressing the release button (same for button on hatch, dash and key fob).

Thanks for the ideas by the way. I have a 2 door '03 blazer ls, if that makes a difference

Old 11-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If you hear a noise, the problem is likely the blue arm shown in the pictures above.

Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member
Pinrod33 is on a distinguished road

Thank you swartlkk. I'm actually sitting here in the bed of my blazer, and I just tried prying the glued on carpet to reach the "blue arm". Everything went annoying, I stick my screwdriver in there and move the blue arm to the left, it makes he same "little engine that could" sound, and still the same result

I currently have two screwdrivers jammed in between the plastic and the glass trying to reach my fat fingers into the "hump", to lower the lever in there, but there's no way I'm going to be able to get in there without breaking the window. Please help!!!

Quick Reply: rear hatch would not open