Go Back   Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums > Mechanical & Maintenance > General Tech Help > 2nd Gen S-series (1995-2005) Tech
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Blazer Forum!
Welcome to Blazer Forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Blazer Forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 AM

portcqb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default tire pressure

Now I know this has come up before, but i was hoping someone had my tires and had some insight. I have Dunlop Radial Rover ATs P235/70R15 I know the gm spec is like 32psi,the tires have a max psi of 44. At 32 the seem really squishy so what is a good psi to be at that makes good tire contact and a good ride? I know the more the sides bow out the more they heat up and the less the middle of the tread hits.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:57 AM
Administrator
2009 GMC Yukon Denali
My Garage

swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to swartlkk Send a message via AIM to swartlkk

You can use whatever you like between those two values. Any tire manufacturer will tell you to run what is on the door sticker to save them from any liability, but it is safe between those two values.

In the case of my Rainier, the values on the door are different front to rear with the front a few psi lower than the back. If I deviate from these (say put them the same), I get a weird vibration/binding while driving. For whatever reason, things are setup to run the staggered pressure. I have tried elevating it to reduce rolling resistance and found that when I raise the pressure, I have to increase the pressure difference F/R to get a smooth ride.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator
2013 Cadillac ATS

rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

The trick I have always used to determine the correct pressure for my vehicles is to inflate the tires to the recommended pressure and then drive them a little ways (or put down a little dirt on the driveway and roll through it). After that I look to see where the dust/dirt comes to in relation to the breakover edge of the tire tread. The object is to have it end right at the breakover line and adjust the pressure up or down to achieve that. Then you know that you are getting maximum footprint without being over or under inflated.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:12 AM
Banned

kickme005 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kickme005

the lable on my 4wd 95 Blazer 4door says 235 70 15 is 32psi front/rear. but i got 235 75 15 on my stock rims. is the recommed tire press still the 32psi or is it more since i got a different tire size?

Last edited by kickme005; 07-08-2010 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 11:15 AM
1984 Chevrolet Blazer
My Garage

84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Since this thread was from last year your best bet would have been to start your own thread. To answer your question I would say yes you should be fine still running 32 psi.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:40 PM

Ytseman3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickme005 View Post
the lable on my 4wd 95 Blazer 4door says 235 70 15 is 32psi front/rear. but i got 235 75 15 on my stock rims. is the recommed tire press still the 32psi or is it more since i got a different tire size?
It depends on the load index of the tire. You need a load index chart. I have found some on the web as I had the same question as you. The stock 70 tires had a 102 load index @32 psi. If the 75's have a 105 index you can reduce psi to 29 since they can carry more weight at a given psi.
Old 03-24-2014, 06:40 PM

Tags
1995, 2000, 96, binding, blazer, bravada, cheverolet, chevrolet, chevy, forum, max, pressure, presure, psi, tire