2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

trying to find where the vacume hose goes from the actuator

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 11:17 AM
Beginning Member
dillon is on a distinguished road
Default trying to find where the vacume hose goes from the actuator

i have a 1996 chevy s10 blazer my 4x4 does not work i replaced the 4wheel actuator but i can not figure out for nothing where the vacume hose goes from the actuator. someone cut the hose so i dont know where to go next i think i traced it to some kind of 3 prong looking switch right there on the right side of the t case where my front drive shaft hooks up but i do not know witch one it goes to because the hose is cut along with another one i dont want to get them crossed. can anyone help me out?

then there is bigger hose coming off the top of the the front diff and it runs to one side of the t case and then it stops its not hooked to anything im trying to figure out where that hose goes, if you are looking at the front of the truck the hose stops on the left side.
in the diagram below what is the little box to the left right by the vacume source.

Last edited by dillon; 11-19-2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

*Moving to 2nd Gen Tech*

Old 11-19-2010, 01:02 PM
Starting Member
robertr728 is on a distinguished road

hope this helps?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Beginning Member

oh.... ok i see but the only problem is that my 4x4 vacume actuator is under my batery.but the vacume hose would still run to the same place and hook up acordingly right?

Old 11-19-2010, 01:11 PM
Starting Member
robertr728 is on a distinguished road

Yes the diagram does not show location of the parts. It only shows where the hoses go to.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:40 PM
Beginning Member

thanks.... ill go try that

Old 11-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Beginning Member

what is that little square box to the right beside the vacuume source in the diagram. i need to run a hose to it, but i cannot find it. i got all the others, so thanks allot.

Old 11-19-2010, 10:27 PM
Starting Member
jbsnowboarder16 is on a distinguished road

That is the vacuum reservoir. It is either a black ball attached to the hood, or in the fender well. It balances out the vacuum when your going up hill, etc, so your 4WD and other vacuum related things don't mess up.

Old 11-20-2010, 03:09 PM
Beginning Member

cool man it is under my hood it kind of lookes like the smog control reservoir,i know exactly what you are talking about. man thanks a lot im knew to this web site so if there is anything that i can help with let me know. im still trying to figure this site out but you have helped me out allot alright ttyl.

Last edited by dillon; 11-20-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The "square box" in the schematic is a vent and has a small filter on the end, probably attached to the transmission dipstick tube, or the firewall. It vents the actuator to atmosphere when you select 2WD. It is also teed to the transfer case vent, which on your transfer case, might be located above the vacuum switch. The vacuum reservoir is teed into the source line with a check valve, (not pictured in the schematic).

Quick Reply: trying to find where the vacume hose goes from the actuator