The Chop Shop This section is for display of photo editing work, and requests for photo editing, sigs and avatars, etc.

Latest edit...

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Latest edit...

From this:

adding a little bit from this:

to this:

Thoughts, opinions, comments?

Can you spot everything that's been done?

EDIT: Added another original source picture.

Old 02-22-2008, 02:59 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Latest edit...

The grille = ewwwww

Old 02-22-2008, 05:42 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Don't like the grill...

New headlights look kinda cool.

New bumper looks pretty sweet.

Rims + tires are awesome.
So is putting spacers on the rear, and what appears to be a touch of a lift, or levelling...

Color matched fender flares / rolled fenders, and the fibreglass along the bottom of the door, going all the way to the back bumper is a nice touch...

So are the nerf bars/rock sliders

The grill/bumper/side panels look like they came from a Bravada...

Also, you got rid of the sticker in the windshield
And gave it a darker shadow...

Old 02-22-2008, 07:57 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

Hmmm... shaved windsheild washers.... good idea!!! I think it looks good except for the front end. I've never been a fan of the pre-facelift grilles with the phantom kit. Get rid of the Pontiac grand-am styleripples but keep the front bumper. I like the clean looks the blazer has in its natural body lines.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:38 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

I'll see what the grille looks like with other combinations.

Here's the list of changes:

96-97 Bravada grille, front bumper, side cladding (modified to fit a 2DR)
Vertical phantom grille
Front license plate delete
Shaved door handles
Shaved windshield washers
Black nerf bars
17" Camaro SS/Z28 rims
Cooper Discovery STT's
Inspection sticker removed
Small lift
Yes, drperry, more shadowing underneath the truck

I couldn't find picture of a cowl hood at the same angle as the original so I left it out. I also have a hard time changing the paint color without it looking CRAPPY. Anyone wanna give either of those a shot?

I basically wanted to create a 2DR lifted Bravada but I don't want to use the newer (not the newest) style headlights because I'd be swapping the grille out anyway, which would make it look like a GMC.

Old 02-22-2008, 01:56 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

White should be easy to change, just overlay a different color on another layer. turn opacity down to about 75% and it should look good. it will keep all the shadows and highlites from the original.

Old 02-22-2008, 06:51 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Looks good!!

Old 02-22-2008, 08:43 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: Idriveachevy
White should be easy to change, just overlay a different color on another layer. turn opacity down to about 75% and it should look good. it will keep all the shadows and highlites from the original.
Should being the operative word. I don't have an opacity tool with my program, only a transparency tool. I tried that tool and it came out like a dull piece of candy, faded and cartoon-colored.

I'm still open to takers to change the paint! C'mon you guys with the real Photoshop program!

Here's with a grille change, one with and one without a new hood:

Any brave souls want to throw a brush guard on there?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:38 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

you're headlights arent aimed correctly...

ill try and manage to get a brushgurad on there.