Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

1999 Chevy Blazer Fuel Pump Problems????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 11:44 PM
Starting Member
Ashley Davis is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 1999 Chevy Blazer Fuel Pump Problems????

I have a 1999 Chevy blazer that has a very frustrating problem going on. It all started after I got my trailer plug rewired as it was cut from a previous owner. That same day I had gone to the grocery store and came back to the truck to go home and truck refused to start. I had banged on the gas tank as I didn't hear my fuel pump engaging...still no start, I wiggled my key a few times then bam started??? It had started fine every day after that, about 3 days later I had a doctors appointment and again came back to the truck and it refused to start, it was then towed home and parked to figure out its problem. But now my fuel pump engages every other time, and when it starts it runs great! But then the next day it refuses to start again! We have checked the Fuel Pump Relay and it is clicking like it should, we also checked the fuel pump fuse which was also fine, we changed the fuel pressure sensor on the top of the fuel pump and we put a new Optima Yellow Top Battery in the truck. I received this truck from my dad as a gift and he did the fuel pump in it last year before it was given to me. Could the fuel pump be showing me that its ready to die? We are picking up a fuel pressure tester tomorrow to see if we have any pressure, how many PSI should the truck have while running and in the key on position? Could my trailer wires be causing an electrical problem?? Someone had mentioned it could possibly be because of my security locking me out????