Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

p0325 knock sensor please help needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Beginning Member
nathaniel1988 is on a distinguished road
Default p0325 knock sensor please help needed

96 blazer 4.3 4wd
i have had other issues with this vehicle but have been fixed can read in other threads
my problem now is the p0325 knock sensor malfunction code

the sensor was replaced, upon finishing i noticed some bare wire showing near connector and i damaged the connect as in ( plastic shield and clip where broke) the connection still snapped onto sensor
can i cut off the bad section and replace with same gauge wire with proper accessories and new connector, not just duct tape lol?
i dont want to replace the whole thing

it says to tighten sensor to 14lbs of torx which i know mine wasnt that accurate just tighten till i thought was good.
one quesiton? would lifter ticking/knocking at warm up throw this code i read it only reads wavelengths that deal with combustion inside the motor?

the new sensor worked after install and using reader to clear code, drove around 2 miles and parked for 2 hours was started agian and thats when the light came back on, bucking and terrible missing was noticed, after several hours sitting drove home and same thing. stopped at gas station fiddled/wiggled with distributor and wires seemed to calm down a bit but still noticeable.
on a side note new sensor install made syptoms worse possible operator screw up??????
again thanks for any advice and patients reading this.
this vehicle is my main transportation and is hard going to work and college