Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

difficulty in flushing tranny 96 Blazer 4wd

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Beginning Member
kenlani is on a distinguished road
Default difficulty in flushing tranny 96 Blazer 4wd

I've been reading up and preparing for a valve body replacement in my 96 Blazer, Put it on stands and went underneath it today, first thing was to flush the tranny----came to an immediate halt--how in the world do you disconnect the tranny cooler return line? I found a skid plate with a trap door to the oil filter, removed the plate and all I see is the lower radiator hose, oil filter and shroud--couldnt even feel where the return line exits the radiator.... so I thought maybe to disconnect at the tranny...the line goes somewhere on the top passenger side of tranny-again couldn't even feel the connection..I've read and read posts saying to simply disconnect the transmission cooler return line, run the engine while replacing the fluid as it pumps out----I cannot see how to do this

can I drain from the upper transmission line? If so, how do you disconnect the fitting, it has some plastic on it and looks a little tricky-don't want to mess up anything

(This is my very first Chevy and I'm discovering a lot of differences from Ford and Jeep-I had no idea)

Thanks for any help

Old 10-09-2009, 07:36 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

There should be 2 steel lines going into the radiator those are the lines to the transmission

Old 10-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I answered your question in the first thread you posted it in. Just disconnect it at the radiator. It just threads in.