Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

stumped stumped stumped

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 10:46 PM
youngbloodsno111 is on a distinguished road
Default stumped stumped stumped

Ok please help. I have a 95 blazer. My water pump went out. I changed that along with a new belt. Tried to started it all it does crank. I discovered my distributor cap was busted in two. I changed that along with the rotor and the cam shaft positioning sensor. Still nothing. I checked the plug wires for spark and there was. Checked a few plugs and there wasn't. I changed those out. Still won't start. I have about 60 psi on my fuel pressure. I got out the vom and checked the ecm for voltage in the fuse panel both the direct and the ignition. All good there. I sprayed starter fluid down the throttle. Still nothing. I had the battery tested still nothing. The rotor is on correct. I went threw all the timing started with cylinder one on the compression stroke and made sure everything was aligned. I'm lost. Perhaps the crankshaft positioning sensor? At this point I'll m just guessing.

Old 07-09-2015, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

"checked the plug wires for spark and there was. Checked a few plugs and there wasn't."

doesnt make alot of sense there. if wires have spark,then plugs should too if they are good. check the wires at night with no light. see if there is any arching

Old 07-14-2015, 10:26 AM
youngbloodsno111 is on a distinguished road

Ok so i went and i just bought a whole new distributer. I put it in and it wouldnt start. All it did was backfire through the exhaust and the intake. That was more than i got before. So i figured i had the timing off 180 degrees. Yes i used the marks on the harmonic balance and yes i put the first notch down under and the second. Was lined up the the notch you can see. The distributor has the 6 on it. I lined the rotor up the best i could reading up on that they say it will be slightly off and it is. It is positioned just a little the the left of the 6. I figured i didnt have it on the compression stroke. So i lined the marks up with the rotor 180 opposite of the 6 lifted the distributor put it on the 6. Now still the same the but now it acts like it want to start but wont. Do i still have the time off. Oh and one more thing. The vacuume hose blows off when you turn it over.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:00 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Spark, Fuel & Timing. Use a timing light to verify you have spark from the Coil and to the plugs. No Spark could be Coil or distributer. (My distributer went bad some years ago, I bought a remanufactured one from NAPA), You seem to have fuel. Timing: Bring the piston to TDC. Check that the rotor is pointing very close to the number on plug wire on the cap.
Make sure Cap & Rotor are good.