Engine & Transmission Post your Engine and Transmission related problems here.

TCC Harness Location...

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 11:35 PM
Beginning Member
ShawnS89 is on a distinguished road
Default TCC Harness Location...

When it's wet outside my TCC acts up and slips a lot. When dry, I have had zero problems with it.

I would like to check the wiring for the clutch solenoid to see if there may be a short somewhere in it..

I'd also like suggestions of anything else to check. Like I said, it only does this when it rains or if I've just washed my truck, and only after Lockup. When it's dry out, the lockup works fine and does not slip at all.. No codes except the occasional p0172..

95 Blazer 4.3l Vortec 4x4 4L60e trans...

thanks!

Old 05-26-2014, 12:03 PM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

If its the plug connector Im thinking of it goes down on the right side of the trans and you will have to lower the trans to get to it.Im not totally sure on this but I have a 96 so it may be different.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Beginning Member
Xter is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 1sttimejimmyowner
If its the plug connector Im thinking of it goes down on the right side of the trans and you will have to lower the trans to get to it.Im not totally sure on this but I have a 96 so it may be different.

You would be right. And He shouldn't have to drop the transmission if he doesn't mind wiggling around underneath. A mirror would probably help a lot along with a light to inspect the plug and the wires.

I'm actually tearing a transmission down right now so here's a photo of the plug you need to look at. It's next to the servo housing. This will all be on the passenger side when you look at it. Don't mind the servo cover and assembly is gone. Already got rid of that.

And here's a picture of the harness out of the transmission for fun.

And that's all the wiring there is in your transmission. Pretty amazing actually.

Originally Posted by ShawnS89
When it's wet outside my TCC acts up and slips a lot. When dry, I have had zero problems with it.

I would like to check the wiring for the clutch solenoid to see if there may be a short somewhere in it..

I'd also like suggestions of anything else to check. Like I said, it only does this when it rains or if I've just washed my truck, and only after Lockup. When it's dry out, the lockup works fine and does not slip at all.. No codes except the occasional p0172..

95 Blazer 4.3l Vortec 4x4 4L60e trans...

thanks!

Check all the wiring to the transmission that could be exposed to water and make sure everything is how it should be and the plug is properly seated.

Attached Thumbnails TCC Harness Location...-image22_zps90a837fb.jpeg   TCC Harness Location...-image23_zpsc6e2a12d.jpeg  

Last edited by Xter; 05-26-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:42 AM
1sttimejimmyowner is on a distinguished road

{Check all the wiring to the transmission that could be exposed to water and make sure everything is how it should be and the plug is properly seated. }

I just got finished wiring up this plug and routing that part of the harness down to the transmission,mine has another smaller plug trailing from the big plug,where does that go?
I also having a hard time trying to get the larger plug to seat and stay on is there a locking clip that holds it in place?
On my vehicle I could not get to the plug without lower the trans,its up to close to the body and getting my hands up there is impossible.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:30 PM
Tranzman is on a distinguished road

The connector at the trans probably has a bad seal. check that all the pins are straight then add some dielectric grease to the connector plug and reinstall. have found lots of water related issues over the years and fixed em like that. it's a GM approved procedure.
Tranzman