General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Best way to fix 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition HID headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 02:35 PM
dd5k is on a distinguished road

I did buy them. if your sick of them just buy some "gmc jimmy" head lights, and sell off all your old on ebay.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:37 AM
JeRM is on a distinguished road

I found a oem hid/ballast on ebay for $140. I'm going to remove the bumper and replace my bad passenger side then take my new bumper to maaco and get paint. 2 birds one stone

Old 04-29-2012, 01:54 PM

Hey so I can go to autozone and just grab some 9006 bulbs and they will do? Im working on my headlights as we speak! Need confirmation asap plz my internet is out and my phonr data plan is limited due to my 2gb overage so I cant confirm myself.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:34 AM
mr.vls will become famous soon enough

Yes they will but not with out a little bit of work. First you have to unplug the ballast from the wiring harness and feed the plug up to the headlight area. (The plug is for a 9006 bulb) 2nd problem is that you have to figure a way to mount the bulb to the headlight assy. There is no mounting provision for the 9006 bulb in the OEM HID Headlight Assembly. You could get a 9006 bulb retainer from another headlight assy and figure a way to mount it to the HID headlights. The easiest method would have to obtain a set of standard headlights and then all you need to do is unplug the connector from the harness and plug it into the back of the headlight.

Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by JeRM
Hey so I can go to autozone and just grab some 9006 bulbs and they will do? Im working on my headlights as we speak! Need confirmation asap plz my internet is out and my phonr data plan is limited due to my 2gb overage so I cant confirm myself.
I made you a how to make some brackets
easy way to make (NEW brackets 9006/9005) 98-00 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition HID or envoy 2 - YouTube

Old 04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough

the Envoy i drive had the same problem and GM wanted $700.00 bucks
to replace it, so what i did is buy some Jimmy headlamps and remove the ballasts and everything hooked right up, then put the super brite sylvania
bulbs in, and im happy

Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM

I bought reg bulbs but go figure my wiring or "piggy tail" on the passenger side is bad. I have to borrow a electric pen tester and figure which problem it is. I already had a metal bracket holding my old HIDs with silicon to keep moisture out so I dont have to buy new headlights.

**** this stupid truck. I absolutely hate how gmc could be so selfish and make a design like this!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:49 PM

ps

I have to resell or try to get my refund on ebay for the oem hid I bought because I found out we cut the old bulb off, so I didnt have one good HID left as expected. Fmllll

Anybody want to buy a oem hid for the diamond edition?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by JeRM
ps

I have to resell or try to get my refund on ebay for the oem hid I bought because I found out we cut the old bulb off, so I didnt have one good HID left as expected. Fmllll

Anybody want to buy a oem hid for the diamond edition?
how much? did the video help you\?

one more for you
2000 Envoy lights ballast - YouTube

Old 05-01-2012, 06:06 PM

check your fuses and relay!!~!

Quick Reply: Best way to fix 2000 GMC Jimmy Diamond Edition HID headlight?